• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED CCI 450

It would be impossible for anyone to "prove" price gouging since people are paying these prices all day everyday in auctions at the time of this listing. The logic some of you apply is, well, not logical. Maybe you would be happier if you were out shooting and not griping about the price of someone's sale items. Have a great weekend!

Take as you will, it's the price to play. Only those who do not benefit will complain about others. We all know this can go several ways. Manufacturers have a production run(s) and stocks will be replenished or continue down current path and prices sky rocket past what market is offering. I'm sorry if you don't agree.
Choke. Choke. Choke.🙂

My nephew shoots a lot. I GAVE him 8000 SR and 5000 SP primers plus 5000 55gr .223 bullets when he could find none. But that's what uncles are for right?
Last summer a fellow club member passed and his wife gave all his reloading equipment/supplies to the club, and his shop looked like a well supplied retail business - I mean beau coup stuff. We sold everything within the club. Primers $20 a brick. Powder $100 a keg. One of our members buys and sell guns at gun shows. He had primers on his table for $30 brick (no reason not to make a little ). Some guy came by and bought all he had, turned around put them on his table for double that.
But it gave me a chance to stock up before all this SHTF happened, so I am well supplied.
I agree, if you want to charge these prices you should got to another site. Or at least start with a normal price and let people bid on them. If someone want to pay that, they will surly win the bidding. As for the excuse "people selling guns set their price" logic, well we all know how much components cost and how much gunsmiths charge and most of the time what the are asking is well within reason.

I had a friend a couple weeks ago that tried to sell Chedite primers for 160.00 per brick but he is no longer a friend, I can't stand people that try to pull this stuff I hope no buys from him

Completely understand where everyone is coming from but don't have to agree.
Here's the thing, can you walk into your LGS or market place right now and purchase all reloading items to support your needs?
If so, great, buy from there!
Also look at how many post are marketed towards my area. Sparsely populated and not many post selling in this area.
Let me break this down, I drive to Las Cruces or El Paso (2 hours to Sportsmans or Cabelas) to buy said primers, my fuel to and from is $60 plus primers (2019 prices as we all know nothing is in stock now) I'm now $100 not to mention time and food. Incurred cost is about asking price for a box. Okay not in stock, Albuquerque is 3 hours away, fuel is $110 plus primers, food and time. Slightly more than my asking price.
Our reloading situation will get worse before it gets better. In a few months if you weren't prepared these prices will be cheap!
Lastly, if you don't need or want what I've got to offer or don't like that I won't follow the "flock" or give buddy deals, smash ignore. Thats just one less gripe or complaint I read.
Just remember pal, it can go both ways. I know I will remember. It's not the money so much as the principal behind your price gouging. Or lack thereof.

It would be impossible for anyone to "prove" price gouging since people are paying these prices all day everyday in auctions at the time of this listing.
It looks like New Mexico's AG defines price gouging as "*The Attorney General has issued a consumer advisory warning regarding price gouging following the COVID-19 pandemic, indicating that price gouging is unconscionable and any price gouging resulting in illegal profit will be prosecuted."
From the reaction of the majority of people here I'd say they felt the price was unfairly elevated. You have a good weekend to Ryan.

Edit: I missed the part where the AG describe price gouging. "Price gouging is the practice of a seller unreasonably increasing the price of goods or services from its regular and usual price."

It would be impossible for anyone to "prove" price gouging since people are paying these prices all day everyday in auctions at the time of this listing. The logic some of you apply is, well, not logical. Maybe you would be happier if you were out shooting and not griping about the price of someone's sale items. Have a great weekend!
my surprise comes because i think of lrh as a community. We give out free advice (worth a lot) and help each other. To others, this is a normal forum where they have nothing invested and will make a buck (or $175) if they can. Probably my fault for thinking of it that way.

I'll give you a deal $174.99 per box. "Cheaper"
You DO understand that the little white spot on top of Chicken **** is STILL Chicken ****, don't you!
I suppose you are in need of a new Boombox or skateboard or some other newfangled Doo Dad that Runts these days just GOTTA have so you raided Pappy's or Grand Pappy's stash, huh?
Go away.
You're bothering me, Boi.

"Nothing wrong with making a profit"? As "PharmBro" about that!
That's an excellent example of what we are talking about here. There is taking a legal profit. And there are other forms of illegal profit. Pharmbro was sentenced to seven years in prison.

Last edited:

Recent Posts