CCI #34

I don't see why the cups would be very different from CCIs 200s, all LR primers I'm aware of are 0.027" thick, and they won't be any harder than magnum primers.

I do use the #41s in my 300 BLK Rem 700 - it runs them, 450s, and Rem 7.5s perfectly fine, they're the "hard and thick" 0.025" SR primers.

I did a lot of researching this very topic a couple weeks ago. From what I read across multiple forums they will work just fine in bolt guns and they are comparable to the CCI 250. So, if you are going to use them in a round that you have loaded with LR primers I'd back off a grain of 2 and work back up. If you're swapping from a LRM primer it should be about the same as the 250s.
Most people did state that on average they had higher ES/SDs with the 34s than they do with 250s. For that reason I opted not to buy. But if you pick some up let us know how they do!

Ryan

CCI #34s are made with "less sensitivity" to stand up to the heavy, floating firing pin found in the M 1 Garand and the M14/M1A rifles. "Less sensitive" is prevent slam fires. These are DOD qualified components. They are equivalent to CCI 250 LRM. The reasoning for magnum is to provide reliable ignition in extremely cold temps (military application). Will they work in a bolt gun? Sure, as long as you haven't installed a reduced power firing pin spring. More info found in the Speer #14 reloading manual. Surprising what might be learned from a book instead of on the web.

Interesting. I thought it was supposed to be a less sensitive cci200 and found people saying they saw no difference in speed or accuracy switching from 200 to 34

Thanks for the replies they will keep me shooting for a while. Hopefully reloading supplies will make a comeback soon. I know the manufactures can make enough if they want to. I bet they are getting paid to not make enough.🇺🇸
Jack

Been using them for years in my .22-.250's to .300WM bolt guns with no problems. I paid $20 per 1,000 some 15-20 years ago and paid just under $80 per 1,000 last month. The 34's are not inconsistent cheap primers & I get equivalent accuracy to CCI 200's with selected loads most often with ball powders. I think primers represent a exceptionally good value considering explosives are used in their production & high standards in regard to consistency & precision are required.

Last edited:
Been using them for years in my .22-.250's to .300WM bolt guns with no problems. I paid $20 per 1,000 some 15-20 years ago and paid just under $80 per 1,000 last month. The 34's are not inconsistent cheap primers & I get equivalent accuracy to CCI 200's with selected loads most often with ball powders. I think primers represent a exceptionally good value considering explosives are used in their production & high standards in regard to consistency & precision are required.
Did you back off on your powder? Or use same load? Aslo what grain bullet are you using for your 22-250

I use them in my 6.5-284, as a back up to Feds. My SD opens up just a touch, last check was SD9 and avg @ 20fps faster, but still under 1/2 moa consistent.

I have loaded them in 6.5 creedmoor and had to drop half a grain to maintain the same muzzle velosity. So they are a little hotter than a CCI 200.
The gun also started piercing primers, about 1 every 50 rounds. That might be due to the peterson brass with small flash holes that I am using.

I use a lot of CCI 41 in my bolt guns and I see no appreciable difference in functionality. As far as accuracy goes I have had absolutely zero issues getting sub half minute accuracy out of the several rifles that I shoot them out of.