• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

CCI 250's in stock @ Target Sports

Best start buying factory ammo then;) cus 100-160 is normal now.. sucks but
It is only normal if everyone buys it like it is normal. Remember, we are in control of the market. Use budlight as an example. People stopped buying Anheiser Busch products for what, a week? Prices a dropping on them like a stone trying to move it.

It is only normal if everyone buys it like it is normal. Remember, we are in control of the market. Use budlight as an example. People stopped buying Anheiser Busch products for what, a week? Prices a dropping on them like a stone trying to move it.
Agreed.. but... there are thousands of brands and kinds of beer... thats a bad market to compare to something far more in demand and limited production line;)

Kasey

I have 5k on order and would part with 2k if anyone in the Boise area is interested. I also have kids in college in Moscow that trek back and forth between Boise and Moscow.

There are 2 parts to the market, supply and demand. The curves just dont currently meet at a lower price. It is as simple as that. Supply doesn't always scale linearly because there is overtime or capital costs involved. The folks making primers are exposed to inflation just like everyone else. I got a $200k quote for landscaping a few months ago that would have be $70k 5 years ago. How could it be worth $200k? It is worth $200k because someone else is willing to pay that price for a finite supply. I didn't consider an anti landscape campaign to depress demand and force the landscapers to drop their price for me. I simply decided that I would wait and see if the housing market levels off and demand naturally subsidies. Maybe it will, maybe it will not. I am not going to fault anyone for marketing their work product to the highest bidder and I am not faulting anyone for buying at a price higher than I am willing to pay. As soon as someone starts arbitrarily dictating prices then supply has to be allocated according to someone's judgement and things get out of wack fast. It will work itself out. If demand isn't real then buyers will dry up and pricing will come down. If demand is real then $100+ per 1k is the new normal.

There are 2 parts to the market, supply and demand. The curves just dont currently meet at a lower price. It is as simple as that. Supply doesn't always scale linearly because there is overtime or capital costs involved. The folks making primers are exposed to inflation just like everyone else. I got a $200k quote for landscaping a few months ago that would have be $70k 5 years ago. How could it be worth $200k? It is worth $200k because someone else is willing to pay that price for a finite supply. I didn't consider an anti landscape campaign to depress demand and force the landscapers to drop their price for me. I simply decided that I would wait and see if the housing market levels off and demand naturally subsidies. Maybe it will, maybe it will not. I am not going to fault anyone for marketing their work product to the highest bidder and I am not faulting anyone for buying at a price higher than I am willing to pay. As soon as someone starts arbitrarily dictating prices then supply has to be allocated according to someone's judgement and things get out of wack fast. It will work itself out. If demand isn't real then buyers will dry up and pricing will come down. If demand is real then $100+ per 1k is the new normal.
Wages too.. aint no one doing landscape at 10/hr like the old days either

True, however demand fluctuates just as supply does. If demand falls, stock will go up and therefore price falls to account for it. It is very basic economics and we need to remember that we as consumers control it. If people let the market and the supply catch up, you will undoubtedly see prices fall. We are already seeing it with ammunition and powder. People can't get rid of 9mm anymore. Rebates on 5.56 and the like. I see powder sitting much longer than before and aside from the unicorn dust, I see many going on sale. Something that was unheard of 2 years ago. It's always funny to me when people are so eager to accept these things when we have seen the market recover from this before. When Obama was re-elected, we saw prices go through the roof. Bricks of .22 were over $100 and a $700 AR15 suddenly became $2500. I knew a guy who spent $15k on overpriced rifles after I told him not to and he is still sitting on them. Now they are a dime a dozen. If you are cool paying those prices, fine. PM me, I'll hook ya up. But only because I know when the market recovers, I can stock up again.

True, however demand fluctuates just as supply does. If demand falls, stock will go up and therefore price falls to account for it. It is very basic economics and we need to remember that we as consumers control it. If people let the market and the supply catch up, you will undoubtedly see prices fall. We are already seeing it with ammunition and powder. People can't get rid of 9mm anymore. Rebates on 5.56 and the like. I see powder sitting much longer than before and aside from the unicorn dust, I see many going on sale. Something that was unheard of 2 years ago. It's always funny to me when people are so eager to accept these things when we have seen the market recover from this before. When Obama was re-elected, we saw prices go through the roof. Bricks of .22 were over $100 and a $700 AR15 suddenly became $2500. I knew a guy who spent $15k on overpriced rifles after I told him not to and he is still sitting on them. Now they are a dime a dozen. If you are cool paying those prices, fine. PM me, I'll hook ya up. But only because I know when the market recovers, I can stock up again.
What I hear some folks say is, stop buying what you want so the price will go down and they can get what they want at the price they want to pay.

I hope you are right myfriend.... please be right

What I hear some folks say is, stop buying what you want so the price will go down and they can get what they want at the price they want to pay.
My only response to that is, I prepared when I could get a brick for $20. I ordered $4000 worth back in March 2020. I sold some and distributed many amongst friends and neighbors. If I needed them badly today, sure, maybe I would pay the gougers. My only point is that simply accepting this kinds of prices like they are the new normally are exactly why you are seeing $70,000 trucks with cloth seats and basic Stamped AK's for $1500.

My only response to that is, I prepared when I could get a brick for $20. I ordered $4000 worth back in March 2020. I sold some and distributed many amongst friends and neighbors. If I needed them badly today, sure, maybe I would pay the gougers. My only point is that simply accepting this kinds of prices like they are the new normally are exactly why you are seeing $70,000 trucks with cloth seats and basic Stamped AK's for $1500.
you must have known someone to get them at 20/brick.. i have some ccis from 2018 that were 39.99/brick..

I still think the companies will never have em for that price.. hope im wrong though

Kasey

Yep, bought a new truck for the business, just short of $70k and it has cloth seats. I could have any truck I wanted as long as it was the only one available within 300miles. Didnt want to, but that is what makes the person that manages the business happy. I am also paying employees almost twice as much as I was 5 or 6 years ago. I am also charging twice as much for the products and services. In the end, I am still making the same 10% to 13% on ever dollar of revenue. A good portion of it is just inflation. We are just stuck with some of the price increases. Some of the prices increases may backout if supply increases and/or demand decreases. In the end, it still costs so much to make and distribute primers and I suspect $50 a brick isn't possible anymore. My employees aren't interested in taking a pay cut and I am not interested in offering products and services bellow cost. I am sure the companies making primers feel the same way.

Maybe they need to put a new face on their boxes.