Canted rings like Talley lightweights?

pontoon

I'm looking for canted rings similar to Talley lightweight rings or something comparable in weight. It's for an lightweight rifle. I think the pair of Talleys is 2.5 ounces, but they aren't canted and don't seem to make them with cant. Mostly what I'm finding is mounts for an AR which go on a picanty rail. I could get such a rail, but it would add more weight then I'd like. It seems like it should be possible to make something like the Talleys except canted. Pierce engineering makes 30mm canted rings but not 1 inch from what I can tell.

The rifle is a kimber Montana 84L since that probably matters.

Last edited:
Ok thanks I might pursue it further. Alternatively I found out I can remove my zero stop. I'm not sure if the canted rings are even a good idea without removing the zero stop. The scope is limited to 13 MOA in one rotation only due to the zero stop. So if I zero at 200 yards the canted rings won't get me more elevation, it'll just change the angle of the scope at a given elevation, right?

Call talley, they will make you canted rings... Thats what I've been told.

Not true. I am also looking for the same thing so I saw this and called Talley, they said they do not make canted one piece. But they did give me a contact who would. His name is Jeremy at laiers. Give Talley a call and they will give you his info. I believe he is 156 for rings and labor.

Your best would probably be the Burris signature zee rings. Might be a touch heavier than the talleys but a heck of a lot lighter than a rail. Much better ring in my opinion as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.