Can you accurately shoot hunting bullets in a VLD throat?

Remington 308 chambers have a freebore that basically will leave a 168 SMK bullet with only the boattail in the case when seated to the lands. Same philosophy as the Weatherbys. They shoot well. Pick a bullet with tangent ogive and you should be fine.

OP, what twist is your bbl, you did not say . If you're 1-9 to 9.5 you should be golden . If you went faster twist then your bullet choice might suffer. Good advice given I'm following this !, Cheers 🤔🥳
Yeah? Why do you say that?

Faster twist allows more stabilization of bullets. Heavies and monos require more stabilization/faster twist rates. And yet, you can still shoot lighter bullets very well.

It will probably shoot fine the way it is but I don't see why a good gunsmith can't turn the barrel in a thread (or two) and rechamber to a shorter throat. The original reamer could probably be sent back for a modification.

OP, just read your answer, thks for that . And I think you made a good choice about your bbls twist , for the record I've got nothing against fast twist bbls . Your project caught my eye and it interests me . And I think you should post more . Cheers and keep us posted.👏😉