can I make 7mag brass out of 300wm brass?

You don't always have to neck turn, more often than not you can get away with out touching them atleast that has been my experience.
I have so many miss marked cases from previous component shortage and necking up and down then throw in som wildcats that I just measure everything.

Dean

PS: They are tumbling as we speak sending out dirty brass would be uncivilized.LOL
Great example of ethics and integrity right there. Tip of the hat and a good head nod to you my friend!

There on there way Mr USAF Academy, you are very humble not to have even mentioned it or have it in your signature. I thank you more than you will ever be able to thank me. If you are wondering why the brass is a different color it is because I tumble it in what is called sugar sand. FL has plenty of it, tumbling media is roughly $20.00 for a container, sugar sand is $20.00 a Ton.LOL

Dean

Well thanks everyone for all the responses advice and BRASS I am really glad I asked for everyones advice. I have to say this is the best dang forum I've ever been on where people really care and take time out of their day to actually give SOLID advice (not just opinion)

Thanks everyone who said they could send sell trade brass I'm really looking forward to loading for this classic long range caliber.

I think I will try my hand at necking down a few pieces as well even though I'll only most likely use the straight 7mag brass but I'd like to have the experience since many of you say it can be done. That way I'll know how if things ever get worse than they are now 🙄😬

Joel
Joel,

Whatever non-7MM RM brass you end up using do NOT, I repeat, do NOT grind off the headstamp with a Dremel tool or something. 😇

A simple thank you would have been nice, considering how hard it is to get components, the price of them once you do find them, not to mention shipping.
Must be me.

Dean

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.