Cabelas vs Meopta 15x56

Went into Cabelas yesterday and talked with them about the 15x56 glasses. They assured me that they have a lifetime warranty on them and as long as it's on the box that it has to be honored down the road.
Funny thing was they have a price of $1699. On them in the store.
I pointed out to them the online non sale price is $1299.99 not sure what they are trying to pull but they said they would give me the online price.

I'll be making the drive 2 hrs south to Oregon if I do buy them just to save 10% on Sales tax. I get down that way often anyway might as well have an excuse now

Don't know if your Cabelas has a bargain cave section, but I purchased a pair of Swaro's for a good price.

Don't know if your Cabelas has a bargain cave section, but I purchased a pair of Swaro's for a good price.

Yes they do. I have not been able to find a pair of Swarovski 15x glasses in the cave. They do have a pair of these 15x56 Cabelas glasses but they clearly state no returns on then. And they have not discounted them very much.

I was told by Cabelas staff in the bargain cave that people buy things, use it on a hunt, then return it. I don't know how that could be allowed.

Most of their stores have closed the Bargain Cave by now as they prepare fir consolidation,They were worthless to me as Cabbalas and will be more worthless as Bass Pro cheap influence takes over.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.