Buttstock monopod

Deahl

I'm looking for an affordable monopod to attach to my Savage 110 Tactical. I've not had any luck using saddle pads, either they're too short or too soft.
TIA

I built one for My M-82-A1 similar to the factory offering but larger diameter and shorter. I knurled the out side for easy adjustment and used fine threads on the inside
stud for fine adjustments with my left hand while shooting. The stud attaches to the stock, and the knurled barrel is the adjustment control.

It works very good and once you get it adjusted you can use a hand nut to lock it down .

https://barrett.net/firearms/model82a1

Just one way to get it done.

J E CUSTOM

Deathly -

Howdy!

I assembled one my own self using hardware store components.

I got a "yoke" ( sorta "y" shaped like a touring fork ) from Grainger, and used a bolt to attach the yoke to the aft sling stud of my CVA Hunter .35 Rem.

I use a hardware store threaded stud of correct length, that is threaded on one end to screw up-into the bottom of the yoke.

The other end is a different thread pitch, and a commodores a threaded plastic knob..... which makes contact w/ the shooting bench top.

I have not recoil tested my mono pod, but it should work for use w/ my reduced load .35 Remington cartridges..... which I'm using for 100yd target work.

I shoot right hand/ right eye dominant, and can use my freed-up lt hand to run the mono pod adjust up/down.

With regards,
357Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.