Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 30mm Thoughts??

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

Gents, need help. I'm rifle rich but optics poor. I have three custom bolt guns (2x Rem 700s and 1 x savage 110) that are built, for all intents and purposes, the same to maximize rifle familiarity and I like the clean looks. They are chambered in .243, .260, and .308. I would like to run similiar optics on all three but getting these rifles built broke the bank. I have used the bushnell AR optics on my custom AR and custom ruger 10/22 and have been impressed with them. What do you think about the qaulity and reliability of the bushnell trophy extreme? Particularly the one in 2.5x15x50. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-trophy-xtreme-30mm-riflescopes.html

Gents, need help. I'm rifle rich but optics poor. I have three custom bolt guns (2x Rem 700s and 1 x savage 110) that are built, for all intents and purposes, the same to maximize rifle familiarity and I like the clean looks. They are chambered in .243, .260, and .308. I would like to run similiar optics on all three but getting these rifles built broke the bank. I have used the bushnell AR optics on my custom AR and custom ruger 10/22 and have been impressed with them. What do you think about the qaulity and reliability of the bushnell trophy extreme? Particularly the one in 2.5x15x50. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 30mm Riflescopes 756245B Up To 33% OFF Best Rated

I ran Nikon Buckmaster stuff for a awhile when I was broke as all get out and had been running NF up till then. Honestly a mid line Bushy, Nikon or Burris will do anything a NF or other will do EXCEPT for about 8 minutes in the AM and PM and looking into the sun or into shadows. For 99% of the time they will kill something just as dead as any $3k scope.

Of course the big boys always seem to show up in those times when it's not the 99% but ya gotta deal with the hand you are dealt.

Personally I would sell a custom and buy glass with that $$$. I used to NEED 50 or so guns until I realized I could only shoot 1 at a time.
Remember the old adage "Beware of the man who only owns 1 gun....he probably knows how to use it".

Haha! Thanks for the advice. I guess it's only as good as you can shoot anyway. I might go for it.

I have no experience with the Bushnell, but it doesn't sound like a bad deal. Personally, though, I'd hate to put a cheaper scope on a new custom.
Almost seems sacrilegious!
If you're not in a hurry to get all three to the range, find a deal on a slightly used higher end scope in the 'optics for sale' forum. Put one really good scope on one rifle to get started. By the time you get that one dialed in, maybe someone will put up another really good scope for cheap!

Just making sure you guys know, I posted that jokingly. I think their website is wrong. When I seen that I looked elsewhere and it seems to more like 50.

Just making sure you guys know, I posted that jokingly. I think their website is wrong. When I seen that I looked elsewhere and it seems to more like 50.

Ok that's sounds like a solid figure. Paired with a 20 MOA base and you can't go wrong! Does anyone have experience with their durability? All the reviews on YouTube are by bushnell so they make it sound like a $250 nightforce. Lol

I might just be patient and start saving for the Nightforce SHVs....

Probably a stupid sugestion. But could you go with one known quality scope with a quality set of rings. Put a rail on your 3 rifles and move the scope from rifle to rifle as you needed to. I know it takes a couple shots to rezero. This is how I started out. And it isn't as convient as having a scope on all rifles, but it allowed me to get what I thought was a quality scope and build from there. Good luck with your decision and have a nice day.

Ok that's sounds like a solid figure. Paired with a 20 MOA base and you can't go wrong! Does anyone have experience with their durability? All the reviews on YouTube are by bushnell so they make it sound like a $250 nightforce. Lol

I might just be patient and start saving for the Nightforce SHVs....

Closest thing to a $250 Nightforce is a set of their rings lol.:)

The next closest thing is a SWFA at $299.

Probably a stupid sugestion. But could you go with one known quality scope with a quality set of rings. Put a rail on your 3 rifles and move the scope from rifle to rifle as you needed to. I know it takes a couple shots to rezero. This is how I started out. And it isn't as convient as having a scope on all rifles, but it allowed me to get what I thought was a quality scope and build from there. Good luck with your decision and have a nice day.

I had a buddy try this with some quality QD rings. It didn't work out as planned due to small variations in machining quality It became evident that when switching from the first rifle to the next that only one ring was making solid contact with the slot in the base. Things kept coming loose or slipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.