Bushnell match pro

Cowboyblaster

Id just like to put a recommendation here for those of us whoe cant aford 3500 to 5000 bucks for a high end zeis or nightforce scope. I recently purchased the new 6x24 match pro for a 7mmRUM custom build ive been working on and at 1000 dollars Canadian im going to put it out there that your probably not going to beat it for lest that 3x the money spectackular tracking and supurb clarity i wish i could put one on every lr rifle i own

I was impressed for the the price as well. The glass in mine is quite good.
Myself and a friend who has built many custom rifles were comparing it with the niteforce he has on a 338rum he built and i feel the bushnell is a nicer glass and more magnification for 1/3 the price . Im not going to throw this bushnell around and drag it through the dirt to prove its as tough though haha

I picked up a Bushnell Engage at a Midway sale last year for a budget .308 and was rather impressed with it for the money......Bushnell has came along way from my childhood scopes. I also recently picked up a Hawke Frontier for half price at a Midway sale just to try it. I got it mounted but haven't run it through any tests yet.

I picked up a Bushnell Engage at a Midway sale last year for a budget .308 and was rather impressed with it for the money......Bushnell has came along way from my childhood scopes. I also recently picked up a Hawke Frontier for half price at a Midway sale just to try it. I got it mounted but haven't run it through any tests yet.
I want a midway sale haha

Some people don't like the Bushnell line of scopes, others do. I would have to say I am in the latter group. Purchased a 3 X 9 X 40 way back in 1972. It was fairly advanced for that time as it had the BDC with three different elevation inserts. I still have it mounted on the rifle, Winchester Model 70, and it still is fog proof, rainproof and clear sight. After nearly 40 years of use it slipped one day cleaning the rifle and now has a good dent in the tube. Sight picture and elevation and windage is still accurate. Until that little slip it was like new but now has some history I guess. Still works so why fix it. Funny how things change, rifle and scope together cost less than
$200 bucks at the time and have taken mountain goat, lots of deer and bear as well as a few moose. So who says you need a 10,000 $ set up to hunt. LOL

I bought a couple of their scopes in the "Nitro" line and was impressed with the price (of course) & build quality, but was not happy with the optical quality at the upper end of magnification. Otherwise a great value.

Some people don't like the Bushnell line of scopes, others do. I would have to say I am in the latter group. Purchased a 3 X 9 X 40 way back in 1972. It was fairly advanced for that time as it had the BDC with three different elevation inserts. I still have it mounted on the rifle, Winchester Model 70, and it still is fog proof, rainproof and clear sight. After nearly 40 years of use it slipped one day cleaning the rifle and now has a good dent in the tube. Sight picture and elevation and windage is still accurate. Until that little slip it was like new but now has some history I guess. Still works so why fix it. Funny how things change, rifle and scope together cost less than
$200 bucks at the time and have taken mountain goat, lots of deer and bear as well as a few moose. So who says you need a 10,000 $ set up to hunt. LOL
My favorite hunting rifles have all been either mode 70s or 700 30 06 s and i always ran the old 4x bushnell banners on them with the bdc rings you speak of my new 30 06 also has that same 4 power scope on it and i can honestly say ive never had one walk away one of anything that i intended to eat

I can offer no input on their top tier line of scopes but I can speak quite a bit based on first hand experience on their 3200 and 4200 line of scopes.
I have two 4200's (one 3-9x40 one 4-12x40) sitting on rifles that generate brutally harsh recoil for scopes by virtue of their design.
One is a Savage 10ML-II smokeless ML the other is a NEF 920 12ga 3" slug gun on permanent lone to my friend. Both have seen by anyone's standards well above average round counts as my friend uses it for both deer and coyote hunting.

Both my 3200's (one 3-9x40 and one 4-12x40) sit atop marlin 336c's in 35 Remington and have seen a very considerable amount of reloads both utilizing 180 grain Speer HC's but mostly 180 grain XTP's.

Been absolutely happy with all four and none have given me a single issue ever. What I noticed and appreciated most was how concisely both the 3200's and 4200's tracked when I made POI adjustments or return to POI adjustments.

I feel for their price at that time they were and still are the best non-communist Chinese made scope for under $200 I know of.

I bought a bunch when Bushnell discontinued the 3200 and 4200 line of scopes and now wish I had bought double the number I purchased as I hate buying anything from the Chicoms.

Recent Posts