Bushnell 6500 Series

Dano1

I've been looking at this line of Scopes for a while and I have a gun shop here in town that stocks these. From what I can see they seem to be decent optics for the money. Specifically the 4.5-30x50mm, ($699 at The Optic Zone, Cheapest price I could find.)

After I get done with my rifle build this year, I'm going to be a little strapped. I'm thinking that this would be the best alternative. I have a Leupold Mark 4 Precision Rifle Target Scope 4.5-14x40mm, I wouldn't mind having another one, but the cost has gone up $130 over last years costs bring them to $725 Dollars and this is at more than one dealer.

Is this a fair Comparision in Quality of optics?? $25 isn't much, so I'd be willing to purchase another Leupold, but has anyone had experience with the Bushnell 6500?

I've just looked through the Bushnell at the gunshop, no other experience. What do you think?

Dan

I'm interested in this as well. This should be a great "do all" scope. Surely someone has feedback on the 6500 4.5-30x50mm.

One thing that I thought would or could be an improvement would be target turrets. It seems that they are a well designed scope, I am am a little conserned with the wide range of power settings. I've seen "cheap" scopes with this feature, and they always had trouble with clarity and it seemed theat they broke (internally) easily. But we're talking about Bushnell's highest quality of scope. That has to mean something.

I've only had 1 Bushnell scope in my life. My first rifle when I was 13yrs old was a .243 Win and It had a Bushnell sport view on it (I know it was cheap).
It actually broke and I didn't know it and it cost me the Biggest Muledeer Buck I've ever had the opportunity to shoot at. I was 18yrs old. It soured me on Bushnell scopes and I've never even considered a Bushnell since then.

I've owned Leupolds, Sightrons, Weavers & Nikons since then with out one hiccup or broken scope. Quality has always been getting what you paid for. These scopes have ranges from $299 to $650 and I am happy with over all performance. Now that I'm a little older and I don't impulse buy things anymore, I try to look at all angles. That's why I'm considering Bushnell scopes again.

Any feed back would be helpful.

Dan

This year Bushnell has added more scopes to their 6500 line. New reticle options and also some are dubbed 'tactical'. I do not know exactly what they have change with these models as the Bushnell site doesn't have the new ones listed yet and I could not find the info any where else out there. If anyone else knows please fill us in. Thanks.

The tacticals are the ones with the turrets. Look to be the same as the turrets used on the 3200's and 4200's. The tacticals also come in mil dot only.

I don't know what the reticle changes would be.

I'm interested in this as well. This should be a great "do all" scope. Surely someone has feedback on the 6500 4.5-30x50mm.

I found one review on this scope:
This is a nice scope. It is sharp and bright throughout its range, except at the max power (30x), where it gets a little bit cloudy.

Dave got me thinking, so I've been looking at the Clearidge Ultra XP5 4.5-22.5x50mm SF. It too looks like a good scope for the Money. At $110 cheaper than the Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50mmSF, it looks tempting. I'll study it some more.

I really have no use for 30 power and even 22 power is pushing it. the Highest power scope I've ever used was a 24 power and it was on a deticated Varmit rifle. Sure helped hitting those chucks at long distances.

The rifle that this would be going on is a Muledeer rig.

Dan

Dano,

We are getting great feedback on our Ultra XP5 scopes. We actually had one customer that has purchased 2 of the Elite 6500 2.5-16x42's, which he sent back to Bushnell for his money back and has since purchased 4 of our Ultra XP5 2.5-12.5x42 scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.