Bushnell 1600 monocular vs. binoc

hypno

Are the lasers in these units the same strength? I've heard reports of both ranging beyond 1500yds quite consistently and I need something that'll do 1k every time. The reason I ask is because I do not need a binoc, so if I can save the money I will.

I'm looking for a unit strictly for field use. I will not be ranging houses, street signs, or morton barns. I'll be ranging trees, hillsides, deer, corn, bushes, ect.

My 1500 elite is very weak, and I've had them for roughly three years, which is beyond the 2 year warranty, so I believe I'm sol. They used to do 1K pretty consistently, but not anymore. Pretty sure I've worn them out or something along those lines.

Also, any good deals on either of these units floating around?

Thanks for any input.

I'm familiar with both of them. In fact, I spent 3 days at Bushnell for a writers event two months ago and really got to put them to use. I can't say it is the same laser but I can say they are just as powerful.

I field tested the original Fusions for Bushnell when they first came out and they blew me away. I can link my review if you're interested. Anyway, I don't think you will be disappointed with either model. The Fusions are always in my ruck for the range or competitions.

That's great, because I wan't a unit with a great laser but don't want to sacrifice laser strength for anything really, price included.

I don't need a binoc, so I'd like to be able to get away with just getting the monocular.

I'm familiar with both of them. In fact, I spent 3 days at Bushnell for a writers event two months ago and really got to put them to use. I can't say it is the same laser but I can say they are just as powerful.

I field tested the original Fusions for Bushnell when they first came out and they blew me away. I can link my review if you're interested. Anyway, I don't think you will be disappointed with either model. The Fusions are always in my ruck for the range or competitions.

Interesting, I have read about longer readings from the fusions on quite a few threads.

I'd be worried that the laser would quit functioning over time. I too have an Elite 1500 that is 3 years old. When I first bought it I could consistently get ranges out to 1000 yards in almost any field conditions. Starting about the time the warranty expired the unit seemed to not range objects that it used to get every time. Now I'm honestly lucky to get ANYTHING to range over 700 yards.

I wish I knew what has actually caused the unit to quit working at longer ranges but it sure makes me sad since I don't have the money to upgrade to a new RF right now. I think when I do buy a new one it'll be a Zeiss or Swarovski.

I'd be worried that the laser would quit functioning over time. I too have an Elite 1500 that is 3 years old. When I first bought it I could consistently get ranges out to 1000 yards in almost any field conditions. Starting about the time the warranty expired the unit seemed to not range objects that it used to get every time. Now I'm honestly lucky to get ANYTHING to range over 700 yards.

I wish I knew what has actually caused the unit to quit working at longer ranges but it sure makes me sad since I don't have the money to upgrade to a new RF right now. I think when I do buy a new one it'll be a Zeiss or Swarovski.

That's EXACTLY the boat I'm in...I don't understand why these lasers are doing this. I just checked and Swarovski also has a two year warranty. So even with those we're **** outta luck when that 2 year period is over.

Are you guys keeping good, fresh batteries in your LRF's? Mine are doing fine after years of year round use.

You know I heard batteries would be my problem, I've tried 4 new batteries and end up with the same thing. My uncle has a Leica that is going on 6 or 7 years old that runs like a champ. I think you get what you pay for, and my Bushnell was awesome for 2 years for a lot less money than a Swaro, Leica, or Zeiss but it didn't hold up like one.

Honestly I think about the mechanics of how a RF works and don't know what would cause it to quit working out of the blue. For me it was literally one trip to the next that it quit ranging at extended ranges. It still will grab out to 700 yards on occasion but 700 wasn't even a problem when I first bought it.

How long has it been since you cleaned the laser glass? I have seen some that are so dirty you can hardly tell there is glass! :)

Not saying you don't have a problem. But I agree that there isn't much to go wrong with one if it is ranging properly.

I guess I will count my good luck with Bushnell as fortunate!

I have the older Leica lrf 1200 model and its just as strong as new, but still lacking at times on darker animals beyond 700 or pretty much anything in mid-day full light. I also have acess to a Zeiss lrf and 2 Swaros and the peformance is only marginally better and actually worse in some situations. I have been looking at the elite 1600s lately and hope more people come forth with true field experiences.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.