Bushnell 1300 vs Vortex Ranger 1000

Greywolf18

I need a new rangefinder and was really looking at getting one of these. While I know there are better ones out there, but these fit my budget. I know they are both new so was curious if anyone has gotten their hands on them yet? I want to be able to range deer/coyotes to 500 yards (what I'm currently limiting myself to). This will also be used for bow season. Thanks for the help!

This is exactly the question I've been asking for the past couple weeks now. Did you ever get any kind of response/more information about this? Also, if you've had the chance to look at both, I was wondering how the Vortex stood up to Bushnell's accurate within 0.5 yards within first 100 claim. All I've managed to find about the Vortex's accuracy is that it claims to be accurate within three yd at 1000.
Any opinion would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I did go ahead and buy the vortex. So far it's been great. The glass is very clear for a small RF, and it's small and compact. I haven't ranged any deer with it yet, but I've taken it out a few times while hunting and have ranged trees all the way out to almost 900 yards. I haven't used it on game yet, but where I've been hunting I haven't had the chance. It is a very narrow shooting lane so I pre-range trees to get yardage marks when I get there. I haven't had any problems and most reviews have been positive. The link posted above were the first negative problems I've heard about but that doesn't mean there aren't lemons out there. Good luck on the decision!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.