Burris XTR II 8-40x50 Rifle Scope Review

ADMIN

Administrator
Several months ago, I saw an announcement that Burris was now offering a high powered variable for long range shooting such as the popular F-Class. I contacted Burris and asked if they had any for testing and the answer was that they would have some available in May or June. I received mine on D-Day (June 6th). The model that I received is XTRII 8X-40X-50MM with a 34 mm tube. It features a reticle called F-Class MOA. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Burris XTR II 8-40x50 Rifle Scope Review, By James Mock. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Any more feedback about this scope?
I am mostly a target shooter so maybe it is the right scope for me. I've burned over 15 pounds gunpowder in the last few years, killed a bunch of paper, fair amount of steel,couple quarters and dimes, one crow and one rabbit ;-)
My other two scopes I am considering are a Weaver 4-20-50 Tactical FFP(buddy has one) and a SIII 8-32x56 MOA-2 I have one already.
Most scopes hold thier value. Do you this this Burris will also hold the $900+ value being used? Black friday sale was $1050. Maybe some day it will be that again.
Troy

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts