Burris scopes and long range hunting ethics.

FURMAN

Just thought I would take a second to let anyone who cares know when I called Burris to ask few questions about the XTR IIs and Veracity scopes they told me I did not need what I was asking about because taking game over 500 yds is unethically. That single comment ensured I will never purchase another Burris product.

Sounds to me like a CS rep might be interjecting their feelings into a tech discussion.

Their own Eliminator promo video has a 600yd shot on elk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXyUUu-4wc

You'd be better off trying to speak to a supervisor and telling them your experience, giving them the chance to educate the rep and rectify the situation instead of swearing off of their products. <--just my opinion, for what it's worth

I emailed them I will see what they say but I doubt I even get a response. I would rather spend my money with a company that is more supportive.

Your loss, both the XTR and the Veracity are excellent long range scopes, and Burris warranty support is as good as anyone's.

I am glad you like them. I did not start this thread to be inflammatory but I will not support a company that doesn't support me. I am losing nothing because there are numerous other options.

That's like saying your not going to be a friend to someone because of which political party they belong too. Opinions very on things, and most times because of lack of knowledge.

Don Dunlap

This thread is a good example why all manufacturers should have an employee to represent them on this forum. Examples are few (Berger, Hammer Bullets and Nikon). I may have missed a few, but input from a factory rep could confirm or deny statements and rumors. Monitoring this forum only takes a few minutes a day. Would be an asset to forum members. Burris scopes are nice scopes from what I've seen. I for one would welcome an official response regarding their policy on long range hunting.

Your loss, both the XTR and the Veracity are excellent long range scopes, and Burris warranty support is as good as anyone's.

Yep, I have the Burris Veracity 4-20 on my .270 AI banging targets at 1K yards without any problems. I could care less what the CS guy says, like this site we don't discuss ethics ... my ethics is exactly that, it's mine, mine, mine ... just saying.

BTW, not too long ago Leupold made a similar statement.

This thread is a good example why all manufacturers should have an employee to represent them on this forum. Examples are few (Berger, Hammer Bullets and Nikon). I may have missed a few, but input from a factory rep could confirm or deny statements and rumors. Monitoring this forum only takes a few minutes a day. Would be an asset to forum members. Burris scopes are nice scopes from what I've seen. I for one would welcome an official response regarding their policy on long range hunting.

I wholeheartedly agree^^^^

Coming from high power metallic silhouette competition and nearly all of my hunting being under 100yrds I have long held LR hunting to be something I would not do because I don't think it's smart of me to do. Too easy to be cruel by my standards. Is what I think going to change anyone else's action plan? No. So why give 2 squirts of cold pee about what some CS flunkie thinks? Burris themselves seem to have supported the hell out of the LR shooting community of late though. Angst seems misplaced but like ethics, that's a personal thing and not subject to external judgement unless that's been agreed upon beforehand.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.