Burris Exteme tactical rings?

gohring3006

You guys think it's a good idea to use these aluminum rings with the inserts on a 338 Lapua?
I never had them slip on anything up to 300 Weatherby, but the Lapua is a different animal..

You guys think it's a good idea to use these aluminum rings with the inserts on a 338 Lapua?
I never had them slip on anything up to 300 Weatherby, but the Lapua is a different animal..

Whether a set of rings will be adequate depends on a few different things.
1. Scope weight.
2. Rifle weight
3. Brake or no.
4. Even scope finish.

All of my 338s kick less than 99% of 300 Weatherby's. The whole package has to be looked at to make a decision. I don't shoot anything that kicks. I don't like it and I like to shoot a lot. Even though my stuff doesn't kick I still run good rings. Cheap insurance and who wants to chase a wild goose? I am running 6 screw aluminum on all of my stuff now. Seems to hold up fine but my guns don't get beat up or beat the scope up so my experience isn't 100% valid compared to many.

It's definitely going to be braked.
I'm not sure which scope I'm going to run on it yet temporarily.
I plan on a Razor or a Nightforce of some flavor. But for now I have a Vortex PST or a SWFA SS 10x. I'm wanting to get it low on the rifle, so I'm going to try 0 MOA base and some Burris rings with 20 or 30 Moa of inserts..

It's definitely going to be braked.
I'm not sure which scope I'm going to run on it yet temporarily.
I plan on a Razor or a Nightforce of some flavor. But for now I have a Vortex PST or a SWFA SS 10x. I'm wanting to get it low on the rifle, so I'm going to try 0 MOA base and some Burris rings with 20 or 30 Moa of inserts..

I'm sure they'll hold. Have you considered XTR Signature Rings, you can get up to 40 MOA with its included offsets. I have one on my custom rifle and they are build like a tank.

I'm sure they'll hold. Have you considered XTR Signature Rings, you can get up to 40 MOA with its included offsets. I have one on my custom rifle and they are build like a tank.

I did not know of these....
I believe they are a better choice for me, just because I like the steel clamps.
I am going with the Burris tactical two piece base which are steel. And I like the idea of steel base and steel clamps.
Thanks Ed!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.