Burris and meopta scopes

I have two of the newer XTR3 made in the Philippines and they are fantastic scopes. The 18x model is currently on my predator rig and the 30x model is on my 223. I used the 30x model to kill two rock chucks a few weeks back at 1230 and 1280 yards. The glass is very good for the price and the feature set is great.

I need to do some more field comparisons but I feel the XTR3 compares very well to the NX8 at quite a bit less money. My gut tells me the NX8 will probably show itself to be better optically when I compare them side by side in various conditions, but I'd have no hesitations running the XTR3 on any of my rifles.

I have yet to get behind any of the 18x models; but both of my 30x have shown to be surprisingly good optics.

t

I have yet to get behind any of the 18x models; but both of my 30x have shown to be surprisingly good optics.

t
To me the 18x only makes sense if you want the "look" of the shorter scope. It weighs the same as the 30x and doesn't gain you a whole lot on the bottom end as 3.3 vs 5.5 are functionally the same to me.

My future XTR3s will probably be 30x although if they release an XTR Pro with an MOA reticle I'll jump all over that.

To me the 18x only makes sense if you want the "look" of the shorter scope. It weighs the same as the 30x and doesn't gain you a whole lot on the bottom end as 3.3 vs 5.5 are functionally the same to me.

My future XTR3s will probably be 30x although if they release an XTR Pro with an MOA reticle I'll jump all over that.

I too, am awaiting a PRO with the SCR MOA reticle.

t

Just got an XTR Pro. I have yet to mount it to a rifle yet. I own 2 Meopta Optika6 scopes. Very good glass. I also own Meopta Binos and their spotter. They are always very nice to deal with and have been in the optics business for a very long time.

I am now trying to decide between an LHT or an XTR3 for my next rifle. Might just go with another Pro though.

Last edited:
Here's a link to a pretty good thread regarding the PRO:

And one regarding the XTR3:

t