Burris and meopta scopes

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I've been looking for two new scopes for some rifles I have and I've been looking at different models of Burris and meopta scopes and I wasn't sure if anyone has experience with there more budget minded scopes and if they are worth the money. Don't get me wrong I like my gold ring and NF scopes but the two rifles I'm trying to find scopes for are budget off the shelf rifles and I'm getting tired of swapping scopes around having to re zero them every time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and God bless

Not sure about meopta but I think Burris scopes are the best in the price range. I've got a older fullfield with the bplex and it's held up well for being on my 20 gauge slug gun for years before being moved to my 223 a couple years ago.
I have no complaints about it seeing that it has decent glass, holds zero and probably only about $300.

I have started using alot of burris scopes over the last 3-4 years. They are mostly Veracity series which I really like and I just got an XTR II for a new rifle. I want to try an XTR III. The Veracity and XTRII are the same glass from my understanding and are first focal plane. Natchez has good deals on them occasionally, and I got 1 Veracity off Amazon that was "Used" but I am sure was just a return. It was perfect condition.

I also have used a couple fullfields on more basic rifles for a buddy of mine. We are about to put a fullfield on my friends AR10 to get a decent scope on it to start getting him some time on the gun while he saves for something nicer.

Burris, have had a few over 15-20 years, no troubles. Black Diamond 30mm, Signature, Fullfield all seem very good quality.Not sure now if they're still made in USA but, they used to be few years back.

I have/had both. I liked my xtr2 4-20, good reliable turrets decent eye box, glass was on par with the DMR2 I had at the same time, i hear the 5-25 xtr2 has a pretty tight eye box. I had two meoptas and both had superb glass, good reliable turrets. You can't go wrong with either, if I had to choose I'd go with meopta because of the glass, unless you're going with the xtr3 it is a really nice scope, I got a 5.5-30x56 off a member here and it's my favorite scope, probably one of the best put together 30x scopes I've ever owned, I owned the meopta 30x I'd like to have them side by side to compare, but the Burris has a few more features going for it over the meopta, mainly better turret engravings telling you half mil marks and turret direction in a user friendly location.

I love mine so much I bought a second one, a lot of features and sub $1000 scope.
I got my XTRII 4x20x50 new for under $600, it was a "blem" scope. I ha e seen blem XTRIII under $1k at times and the time I was about to pull the trigger it was a MIL scope, and I have mostly MOA.

Next time I see an XTR III under $1000, I will probably own it. I have been hemorrhaging money on guns, scopes, and suppressors lately so I need to pray that I dont see an XTR III cheap soon...🤣

I got my XTRII 4x20x50 new for under $600, it was a "blem" scope. I ha e seen blem XTRIII under $1k at times and the time I was about to pull the trigger it was a MIL scope, and I have mostly MOA.

Next time I see an XTR III under $1000, I will probably own it. I have been hemorrhaging money on guns, scopes, and suppressors lately so I need to pray that I dont see an XTR III cheap soon...🤣
Look I feel your pain, this has become a very expensive hobby 🤣, here I am looking for stuff I don't need at 11 pm 😬

The new illuminated XTR 3's are made in the Philippines now. The first Non-illuminated XTR 3's were US made. The XTR Pro is still US made but only available in MIL at this time.

I have all three generations of the XTR & two of the XTR 3's (non-illuminated). The XTR 3 is head and shoulders above the first two generations as far as glass quality goes. But all three have taken a beating and come back for more.

I've also been looking at the Optika6 as I hear great things about the glass quality in that one as well.

As for now, the XTR 3 is still my go-to favorite. However, I have to admit that i've been a Burris fan-boi for a long time; so there is some bias there.

t

I have two of the newer XTR3 made in the Philippines and they are fantastic scopes. The 18x model is currently on my predator rig and the 30x model is on my 223. I used the 30x model to kill two rock chucks a few weeks back at 1230 and 1280 yards. The glass is very good for the price and the feature set is great.

I need to do some more field comparisons but I feel the XTR3 compares very well to the NX8 at quite a bit less money. My gut tells me the NX8 will probably show itself to be better optically when I compare them side by side in various conditions, but I'd have no hesitations running the XTR3 on any of my rifles.