Burn my money!!!!

twintips16

So I am really close to needing optics for my new build but im having trouble deciding on which one.
Heres what I want. 44 OBJ in a 4-16 or abouts. Under 26 ounces. I would consider 50mm OBJ but it is the max. 30mm tube obviously. FFP preferred but not mandatory. Budget is around $800-1000 but could squeeze more if needed.
I can get a Vortex PST 4X16-50 on sale after xmas for around $650 locally. And another thing there I can get the HST for around $430. I like the HST but its FFP so I have ruled it out as of now.
I have not seen in person a 4-12 bushnell LRHS but it sounds like everything I want except that I would like to have around 14-16 magnifaction on the upper end. I know they are coming out with an 18 power version but I have yet to find out when. But I have considered the Bushnell Elite LRS with the G2 also.
I have ruled out the weaver tac line as I feel they are to heavy. I have looked at the SWFA 3-15 and feel it could work but am not opposed to anything a little more $$$.
Anything else I should look at? What would your pick of the above be?

Have you given the N.F. SHV any thought? I don't know what they weigh but understand they are nice. I'd like to try one.

I have looked into them. But couldn't find one under 30oz's and as a backpack hunter wieght is a concern.

So I am really close to needing optics for my new build but im having trouble deciding on which one.
Heres what I want. 44 OBJ in a 4-16 or abouts. Under 26 ounces. I would consider 50mm OBJ but it is the max. 30mm tube obviously. FFP preferred but not mandatory. Budget is around $800-1000 but could squeeze more if needed.
I can get a Vortex PST 4X16-50 on sale after xmas for around $650 locally. And another thing there I can get the HST for around $430. I like the HST but its FFP so I have ruled it out as of now.
I have not seen in person a 4-12 bushnell LRHS but it sounds like everything I want except that I would like to have around 14-16 magnifaction on the upper end. I know they are coming out with an 18 power version but I have yet to find out when. But I have considered the Bushnell Elite LRS with the G2 also.
I have ruled out the weaver tac line as I feel they are to heavy. I have looked at the SWFA 3-15 and feel it could work but am not opposed to anything a little more $$$.
Anything else I should look at? What would your pick of the above be?

If you don't laugh I will tell you I have a Swarovski z5 5-25X52 for sale. It weighs 18.1 ounces.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.