Bullet Database

J E Custom

I found this link to a very good database for comparing bullets of different brands of any caliber.

It is easy to use and very informative .Look under load data for bullet database, Select the
bullet diameter and it will give the specs. for each brand of bullet in that caliber.

www.jecustom.com - Links

enjoy

J E CUSTOM

Nice, just the other night I was comparing different bullets by looking at all the different web sites it was time consuming and I got tired and quit from all the typing and downloading this will streamline the process
thanks.
Bill Gohring,

Nice, just the other night I was comparing different bullets by looking at all the different web sites it was time consuming and I got tired and quit from all the typing and downloading this will streamline the process
thanks.
Bill Gohring,

I sometimes have the same problem finding answers to my questions on the web, so when I find
a good time saver I save it.

This one was worth sharing

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for sharing this JE. I used it two evenings ago. Thought I should double check my bullet length before finishing up entry of data in my ballistics program. This chart gave a bullet length of 1.370" for Speer .308 200gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claws. My measured length of 7 bullets averaged 1.410" - 0.040" longer. Could be this bullet has changed a little over the years from the original Jack Carter bullet, to Speer, to whoever now owns Speer. Whatever... it's still a handy spreadsheet to evaluate and compare bullets.

Thanks for sharing this JE. I used it two evenings ago. Thought I should double check my bullet length before finishing up entry of data in my ballistics program. This chart gave a bullet length of 1.370" for Speer .308 200gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claws. My measured length of 7 bullets averaged 1.410" - 0.040" longer. Could be this bullet has changed a little over the years from the original Jack Carter bullet, to Speer, to whoever now owns Speer. Whatever... it's still a handy spreadsheet to evaluate and compare bullets.

Yes. it could have changed over the years during the manufacturing or simply lost some of its length due to handling (with Lead nose bullets this is common).

I'm sure there are other examples of change, but the data base is a good comparison if you don't have all of the manufactured bullets in a caliber to measure.

The data will at least get you in the range a person wants to start, with without having to test each bullet. The barrel will make the final decision.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.