Bullet choices for 270

I shimmed the barrel to add .004 pressure and took it out today. The groups opened way up so I will be making a bullet change. I just created a list from the thread and you all gave me 21 choices to look at. Thank you

1-10 is fine for 150 gr bullets, at least for lead core bullets (monos are longer). Once you get over 150s then need to worry about twist. 270 has been shooting 150s for nearly 100 years. Try H-4831sc with 150 partitions. 4831sc will not give the highest velocity but it's a pretty safe place to start to find accurate load and decent velocity. Should be 28-2900 fps with 22" barrel

Thanks Lou270. I went to my local shop yesterday and looked through their selection. I wanted something I knew I wouldn't have trouble getting locally. I decided on the Hornady interlock 150 gr. This is the soft tip. I wanted to go flat based and shorter bullet length and this fit the bill. I will begin working up that load and see what I get. I am going to stick with 4831 to begin and see where it goes.

Thanks Lou270. I went to my local shop yesterday and looked through their selection. I wanted something I knew I wouldn't have trouble getting locally. I decided on the Hornady interlock 150 gr. This is the soft tip. I wanted to go flat based and shorter bullet length and this fit the bill. I will begin working up that load and see what I get. I am going to stick with 4831 to begin and see where it goes.
Hornady interlock 150's work great on deer sized game and shoot very good in my old .270. Both 4831 and 4350 have worked well for me. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.