Bull Elk. Berger 195 EOL terminal performance video.

Thanks for sharing this! That absolutely astonishes me that critter can take a 195EOL over 3k fps and just stand there like that. Watching the video, I figured a pass through for certain. Roughly 3200 ft/lbs on impact, no pass through... and it's just standing around afterward.

Wow.

Thanks for sharing this! That absolutely astonishes me that critter can take a 195EOL over 3k fps and just stand there like that. Watching the video, I figured a pass through for certain. Roughly 3200 ft/lbs on impact, no pass through... and it's just standing around afterward.

Wow.
Yes sir. This is a great example of just how resilient elk are. Who knows how long he would have stood there without the second shot. He was definitely getting wobbly though. But 40 seconds on his feet after a double lung with 3000ft lbs of energy might open some eyes. And this is a TINY bull lol. This scenario is what led me to seeking out bullets that would leave exit holes. If that bull decided to run into that timber patch for a full minute…. That would have been about an impossible track job.

I mostly get pass throughs with the 195EOL from my 7mm norma mag improved. I'm moving them out just shy of 3100fps. That's only on deer and pronghorn however. I've never shot an elk with it.
I killed 3 mature muleys and that elk with 195's @3030fps. From 30 yards to 540 yards and never got an exit. Yes, I shot a buck at 30 yards in the timber, perfectly broadside and no exit. But he didn't make it far as you could imagine lol.

Agreed, if the hit was single lung or if he just took off downhill/sidehill you could easily lose that animal. Assuming total fragmentation of the bullet would be correct? How soupy was he on the inside? I've seen a couple dozen elk shot and that 195 placed well isn't impressive. At all. I've watched all the vids posted so far with the 195, I'll shoot a couple hogs with them before making my final judgement but starting to think I shouldn't have bought as many of them as I did......

Agreed, if the hit was single lung or if he just took off downhill/sidehill you could easily lose that animal. Assuming total fragmentation of the bullet would be correct? How soupy was he on the inside? I've seen a couple dozen elk shot and that 195 placed well isn't impressive. At all. I've watched all the vids posted so far with the 195, I'll shoot a couple hogs with them before making my final judgement but starting to think I shouldn't have bought as many of them as I did......
I didn't gut him. So I can only report that nothing made it to the offside hide. I can't speculate too much about his internals, the shallowest I've seen a 195 penetrate is about 18". So that should have put lead into both lungs for sure. But the video tells just how effective that really is.

Yeah he was for sure dead, it just took a long time for him to realize it. I'd hate to think how far he could have gone in half that time he was still up with zero blood anywhere to be found......

Yeah he was for sure dead, it just took a long time for him to realize it. I'd hate to think how far he could have gone in half that time he was still up with zero blood anywhere to be found......
Then you pull out the GPS and start making lines that look like this! lol :D

hYOd9CRl.png

Ive seen them take 300 gr bergers with mv of 3180 and act the same. But i got pass through
Yeah, a pass through I can understand. It tells my mind, "well they didn't take all the energy." This video blows my mind though. No pass through, took over 3k ft lbs and just stood around afterward. That's something you see with small guns... that's not something super common with a 195 moving out like that from a 28 nosler! lol