Building a Left-Hand Varmint Rifle

highfinblue

I know many of the good folks here are way more educated than myself on what's out there as far as components to build a left-handed varmint rifle in 17 Fireball or 204 Ruger. I am not opposed to a 20 VarTarg, but I'm wanting something easy on fur. I have a Bergara in 22-250 that shoots 68 Grain Hornady BTHP superbly with StaBall powder, but it is hard, hard, hard on fur. I had a 17 Mach IV years ago, but it was a single shot, and that's just not good calling coyotes. I am wanting to build a repeater, short barrel, 22", maybe 20", it will be suppressed, and as powerful a scope as I can get without an adjustable objective for quick shots, up close and out to 400 yards. Just asking you guys opinions, and I'm trying to keep it around $2000, maybe up to $2500. Appreciate the help. I am also interested in keeping it fairly light, my Bergara's are great rifles, but they are a tad heavy for packing distances.

I shoot 50 grain nosler ballistic tips in 22-250. They are not nice to fur. They really expand nice. I use 52 grain hollow points in 223 and they arent too bad. But they are also 400 fps slower. Maybe why they aren't blowing holes. Haven't tried hollow point in the 22-250.

I only shoot the right handed varmints though. ^^^ 😂

I shoot 50 grain nosler ballistic tips in 22-250. They are not nice to fur. They really expand nice. I use 52 grain hollow points in 223 and they arent too bad. But they are also 400 fps slower. Maybe why they aren't blowing holes. Haven't tried hollow point in the 22-250.

I only shoot the right handed varmints though. ^^^ 😂

Have you tried, even if they are still produced, the Barnes Grenade (I think that's the correct name? I had a friend that tried them but couldn't get good accuracy. However, I'm certain of his hand loading prowess!

I think that they are designed to vaporize and not exit! memtb

I haven't. I used full metal jackets when a coyote pelt was worth decent money and do not recommend those. Have to head shoot them. Easy on fur but after the 3rd one I lost I quit using them.