Build help: Tikka t3

huntfish7mm

I have a tikka in 270wsm that I got off a buddy dirt cheap. So might as well build off of it. I have a proof 6.5 26" 1-8" barrel already. What is the best short/medium action magnum 6.5? Looking at the 6.5 SS or max as of now. I reload so everything is in play. I love a good wildcat that not many people have. Also looking for suggestions on stocks that won't take 4 months to get and a good muzzle brake that will look decent on a proof cf barrel and perform well on a 28 nosler. Thanks

Congrats on building off your Tikka action, they can't be beat for what you're doing.
The WSM action will need the bolt stop modified, Google it it's super easy.
There's a number of aftermarket med length mags available now so you can load as long as you want.

For a stock check out the Altitude from Mesa Precision, very impressed with mine.

If you're into the hassle of wildcats then go for it I guess, but I'd recommend 6.5 saum.
Love mine built on a Tikka

I'd look into the Terminator brakes if you want something super efficient

Love tikkas for wsm type cartridges. 6.5 SAUM sounds like a good option to me. Stocks can be found in the classifieds here To save ya some time And money. I personally use tikka mags for the long cartridges (7rm,300wm) on my wsms. Ross brakes are great and don't break the bank.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.