Bsf barrels

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

Does anyone have any experience with them? I made my first barrel order with them in Feburary, and their site had a banner flashing, warning about a possible 6-8 week wait time, but it's June and I still don't have my barrel. I have made several inquiries by email and they have promised that my barrel would be out in a few weeks, (both in late April and again last week)..

I'm wondering if this is just how they do business, and if so I will avoid them in the future. Any first hand experiences would be appreciated, and if you have one, how does it shoot? Thanks fellas

Any first hand experiences would be appreciated, and if you have one, how does it shoot? Thanks fellas
Hey there! I don't have any experience with their customer service, but I did load development for a good friend of mine who had one of their barrels cut to 18" and chambered in 22 Creedmoor for his Tikka. I had zero issues getting it to consistently shoot into a half-minute at 200 yards. It was/is his 'coyote thumper'.

I too am interested in bsf barrel. How did your barrel preform?
Funny you would ask today. I was shooting that barrel today, getting it zeroed and gathering data for his sig bdx system. I was shooting just over 1" groups at 200y with factory ammo. Seems like a great barrel.

I ordered a 6mm Creedmoor Savage prefit (custom) from them and it took forever (8 months). Finally decided to just go 6.5 Creed instead and had it in about two weeks. That may have been because I waited so long for the 6mm that never showed up.

Communication during the wait for the 6mm was very good and I'm sure if I was willing to keep waiting it would have shown up eventually.

Now for the really good part it's an excellent shooter. 1/2 moa out to 600 with the 140 Berger EH. Very happy with barrel and at 22" it weighed in at 33oz.