Browning X Bolt X Long Range , 6.5 CM and .300 Win Mag

Beelzebub

I never see Browning X Bolts mentioned as shooting "one ragged hole" or a "1000 yard gun". I bought one in 6.5 CM several months ago and love the feel and balance of it. So much that I ordered another one in .300 Win Mag. Anyone want to offer up their experience(s) with these guns? I bought each of them because of the fast twists of the barrels not found in the other big box guns. 7:1 and 8:1 respectively.

tks in advance,
Beez

We have worked with quite a few Brownings. I don't think we have had one yet that didn't shoot solid sub moa. I really like the Hells Canyon series of rifles. I think one of the best values for an off the shelf rifle. I certainly wouldn't talk anyone out of getting one.

Xbolt HC Speed is my go to for those TN whitetail still hunting through the woods or hunting in a climbing tree stand. It just was the off the rack rifle that felt the best and shouldered really well. Nothing about it felt cheap or out of place. Consistently shoots sub MOA for 3 shots without cooling.

I have a good shooting X-bolt Pro Long Range with McMillan stock in 6.8. Like you I just ordered another one on .30 caliber except 300 PRC. I'm kinda surprised at that fast twist on the 300 WM as I would have expected the 1:10. Had I known I might have gone with the 300 WM.

I like the 60 degree bolt and a short action is a bonus. My 300 PRC is not Long Range so I'll see how the lighter weight barrel does compared to my current heavy sporter barrel.

I love my Browning X-Bolts, I just picked up another X-Bolt Predator Hunter A-TACS AU in 6.5 Creedmoor. I am hoping for the same results as the first 6.5.

Long Range Stalker 6.5 Creedmoor
1B369D79-291C-4EA0-A70C-3B965DD6871D.jpeg

Thanks much for your replies, Makes me feel better about my investments. The short throw on the bolt is very nice. Just wish the bolt handle was just a little bigger.

Varmint Hunter, that is a fine group for sure.I've got one at 450 that is right at an inch. But nothing this good. congrats, the stars did align ;-)

The only negative thing I'd say about my Browning HC LR is that the bore loads up with copper and takes a long time to clean. I've replaced the trigger but the rest of the rifle is the way it came out of the box.