Browning X-Bolt Composite Stalker, 300WM: Too light for LR? Recommendations?

Brydawg512

I have been jumping back and forth between rifle possibilities for my hunting rig. I still find myself coming back to the X-Bolt Stalker in 300WM. However, I do have some concerns...

Is this rifle, weighing in at around 6.8lbs, too light for consistent accuracy out to around the 500/600 yard mark? Does a good brake help with this at all? This is a hunting rifle, so I need consistency to feel confident at these ranges.

Any personal experiences with this rifle would also be greatly appreciated.

Also, my apologies to those who keep seeing my numerous threads pop up -- I greatly appreciate everyone's advice and input!

Thank you all in advance!

So looking at that rifle and comparing it to the hells canyon long range model (which I have) they look very similar. Add a scope and ammo and your up in the 10lb range quickly. That's plenty to sit still out to 600 yards. Heck I shoot mine to 1000 from time to time.

A brake will help a lot.
You will have to practice shooting it consistently. I can be done, but it's always a trade off between weight and shootibility

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.