• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Browning x-bolt 30-06 reloading

ZAK13

Thanks everyone for letting me join LRH! I recently purchased my first Browning x-bolt in 30-06. As with my other rifles I choose to reload, & neck size the brass. I clean, neck size, & trim to the proper length all brass, prior to reloading. But apparently my x-bolt doesn't like necked cases and I am unable to close the bolt on my rifle. Is there something wrong with my case prepping or has anyone else have this same issue? All my other rifles operate properly with cases that are neck sized. I use RCBS dies. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for letting me join LRH! I recently purchased my first Browning x-bolt in 30-06. As with my other rifles I choose to reload, & neck size the brass. I clean, neck size, & trim to the proper length all brass, prior to reloading. But apparently my x-bolt doesn't like necked cases and I am unable to close the bolt on my rifle. Is there something wrong with my case prepping or has anyone else have this same issue? All my other rifles operate properly with cases that are neck sized. I use RCBS dies. Thank you.

Welcome!

A couple of questions. Is the brass that will not cycle from your rifle only or has it been fired in another rifle? If it has only been fired in your rifle how many times?

You may have to cycle your '06 brass through a fl die to bring your dimensions down the point they will work in your rifle.

you accidentally landed you post in the classified adds. A better section would be...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f12/

the reloading sub forum is great for questions like yours.

I'm using once fired Federal brass that was fired from my x-bolt. I have borrowed a friends full length sizing die, and now the brass cycles without issue. Possibly a bad neck die? Also thanks, I didn't know I posted in classified section!

Recent Posts