Browning Ti

T Shot

A friend of mine has a browning mountain ti 270wsm that he is about to sell because he does not use. I have never owned one but i have handled the one he owns and it feels great! I am considering buying it from him. Will mainly be a deer rifle for me in the mountains of NC and probably a little bit of everything else if i like it enough. Anyone own one or could put in some advice or experience in performance and accuracy? Any input is appreciated, Thanks.

I've had a couple of A-Bolt II Composite Stalker 7Mags over the last 9 years, and Browning A-Bolts are excellent weapons. Very accurate out of the box. And they are very high quality. You should enjoy it, if you decide to get it. Personally, I've never been a fan of the short-mags, but I hear good things about them these days.

Thanks for the input mudrunner. I had a a bolt 25wssm a few years back and i shot very well too, i have just never been behind the trigger of one of the titanium models and would like to know how accurate they tend to be, also what the value might be, bc the were high as a kite when they were introduced.

I think if you get it for $750 or less you're doing good.

I've shot alot of guns, but not a Ti Browning. I have never heard anything negative about them, though.

Unfortunately for me i will not be able to get the rifle that cheap lol. I wanna get it because i like how it feels but i have read that they are not super accurate bc of how light they are.

Well, it's not a matter of how accurate IT is......A lighter rifle will be less stable in anyone's hands, compared to a heavier rifle...Therefore with lighter rifles, "accuracy" suffers. Fact is, most Brownings will outshoot their owners. Browning builds a hell of a factory rifle. With my old A-Bolt II 7Mag I have taken whitetails at +400 yards (I believe 426 was my longest) by sitting in the stand and using my knee and elbow as my only stability. Unfortunately that rifle (along with 3 others) got stolen back in 08. It was a shooter, for sure.

Since 08 I have been looking for an identical A-Bolt II locally to replace my old one with. I finally found a used one back in December for an excellent price, that I couldn't pass up. I'm actually not far from taking my recently purchased (replacement) A-Bolt II to my smith and having him rebarrel it with a heavier Sendero contour aftermarket barrel (probably a Douglas, he swears by them), simply because 1) I want a bit more weight to it, 2) the BOSS keeps unscrewing itself when I shoot it alot, and it's throwing my accuracy and groups off, which is royally ****ing me off. My other A-Bolt's BOSS didn't do that...And 3) because my newest A-Bolt II has a Japan mfg barrel on it, and they are made of inferior metals, as compared to the US or Belgium made barrels.

The gun shoots great, but I would prefer to have an air-gauged XX super-grade match barrel on it, with a 1:9 twist, as compared to the 1:9.5 twist it has currently.

Yes I know....The gun shoots great as-is...I'm just making excuses to rebarrel a perfectly good gun. :D

Either way, if you get the Ti, you should be happy with it unless you are trying to shoot 500+ yards. It would make a great whitetail rifle, since most deer are within the 500 yard range here in the South.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.