Browning Abolt 2 ?

Kentucky99

Needing to replace My 7mm mag.Abolt made in 95.It was a very good shooter passed it on to son.

I am seeing that browning still makes a few Abolt 2 in 7mm and .300 win mag.How do the newer rifles compare in accuracy to the older ones.

I am not interested I the new abolt 3 seems like a cheap rifle.

Both of my ABolt II 7mm RemMags shot awesome. First one got stolen, replaced it with another used one, and the barrel was shot-out after a couple hundred rounds (apparantly it had been shot more than the previous owner had known), so I just got it rebarreled.

My A-bolt II also shoots quite well - like all my Brownings have. My only complaint is those pencil barrels they put on their rifles. Very accurate, but they heat up quickly making it hard to group a third shot close to the other two. Of course my Grandpa would say. "Why would you ever need more than two shots"?

My A-bolt II also shoots quite well - like all my Brownings have. My only complaint is those pencil barrels they put on their rifles. Very accurate, but they heat up quickly making it hard to group a third shot close to the other two. Of course my Grandpa would say. "Why would you ever need more than two shots"?

This is why my current one became a Brownington... The barrel was only 24"+brake, and I am OCD about having 26" barrels on my magnum caliber rifles. So, I had a spare (proven shooter) stainless 26" Remington 7mmRM sporter barrel sitting around off a project I built earlier in the year and only put about 100 rounds through it, but needed the action for another project. Since the Browning has a smaller tennon and metric threads, I had my smith turn it down and rethread it. He also put a Holland brake on the end. Can't wait to go to the range and shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.