Brixtel - New Ammo Plant in Montana

Unfortunately war pays but political pressure might make some production domestically available. I would expect propellent production would be limited to ball powders except for solid fuel RPG type projectiles.

This would involve working with nasty stuff requiring strict safety procedures and hi tech manufacturing.

Read about horrific explosions that have occurred when making extruded smokeless powders. To my best knowledge, extruded powders are not made in the USA.

Last edited:
Unfortunately war pays but political pressure might make some production domestically available. I would expect propellent production would be limited to ball powders except for solid fuel RPG type projectiles.

This would involve working with nasty stuff requiring strict safety procedures and hi tech manufacturing.

Read about horrific explosions that have occurred when making extruded smokeless powders. To my best knowledge, extruded powders are not made in the USA.
Seems par for course. The USA can do it safer and cleaner than any other country. But because it can be unsafe or dangerous we ban it. Leaving it to others to fill the demand. Even if they dont care about safety or the environment.
Sounds about like drilling for oil or mining. Huh

From the article above:

Brixtel Defense manufactures munitions and propellants for the U.S. Armed Forces and its allies. Through its new ammunition manufacturing facility in Glendive, the company is projected to create over 350 good-paying Montana jobs by 2028.

About us

At Brixtel Defense it is our purpose to empower the United States Armed Forces and its Allies through readiness and innovation to protect what is most important, the warfighter. We are dedicated to our people, our products and our processes to ensure that every day we are Delivering the very Best to the Best.

Website http://www.brixteldefense.com

Industry Defense and Space Manufacturing

Company size 51-200 employees

Headquarters McLean, VA

Type Privately Held

Founded 2020

Specialties ammunition, DoD, Law Enforcement, munition, defense, and defence