Brian Litz and nosler bc testing

Howdy all,
First time poster, long time lurker. I just ordered a .260 Remington,so.......

Noslers long range accubond series has a 6.5mm with a claimed bc of g1 .719. I'd like to try some, but that .719 is hard for me to believe. I've seen the testing by Mr. Litz, but nothing on this bullet. If it's true, great. What a wind bucker it will be! If it's hogwash I'll save my $55. MR LITZ; I'd be happy to buy a box, and send some to you for testing. If this test has been done, I can't find it. P.S. The rifle I ordered is an 8 twist.

FYI
Don't have the gun yet, but I made up some book starting loads Using .243 brass. I ran fired brass into a 25/06 die, only halfway just to get the neck. I then FL sized in the .260 die. Out of 200, I only messed up one case, and there's no "dreaded donut" on the neck ( whatever that means) suitable powders I have on hand:IMR 4350 and 4320, varget, and 760. Thanks forward for good advice.

I'm happy to be a member here now. There's not so many ******* matches on this forum as others, between people that collectivly know guns go bang, but not much else.

Howdy all,
First time poster, long time lurker. I just ordered a .260 Remington,so.......

Noslers long range accubond series has a 6.5mm with a claimed bc of g1 .719. I'd like to try some, but that .719 is hard for me to believe. I've seen the testing by Mr. Litz, but nothing on this bullet. If it's true, great. What a wind bucker it will be! If it's hogwash I'll save my $55. MR LITZ; I'd be happy to buy a box, and send some to you for testing. If this test has been done, I can't find it. P.S. The rifle I ordered is an 8 twist.

FYI
Don't have the gun yet, but I made up some book starting loads Using .243 brass. I ran fired brass into a 25/06 die, only halfway just to get the neck. I then FL sized in the .260 die. Out of 200, I only messed up one case, and there's no "dreaded donut" on the neck ( whatever that means) suitable powders I have on hand:IMR 4350 and 4320, varget, and 760. Thanks forward for good advice.

I'm happy to be a member here now. There's not so many ******* matches on this forum as others, between people that collectivly know guns go bang, but not much else.

Welcome to the site. Glad you finally came out of the shadows.:D If you do a search in the upper right corner of the page I think you will find a thread about that bullet.

Steve

Steve,
I posted this before I searched this site, instead of just googling. I still can't find an actual bc, am I missing it somewhere? There was one guy who came up with a significantly lower bc, based solely on poi at 1,000 yard and with a 210 .30 cal. I'm barely out of LR novice camp, but I've been lucky Enough to learn from 2 people that are the real deal. With no bc, how can I know what the heck is going on 600 yards away? That .719 bc is too good to be true.

I think I'll stick with what I know until a more reliable independent source says " the tested bc is xxxxx."

When I miss, I want to be sure that it was,in fact, caused by the loose nut on the trigger

140 grain bullets and H4831 seems to be a good load in the 260. I have also seen that Federal is making gold medal match with the sierra 142. I have been using the Prime Ammunition factory ammo. It has good ballistics and accuracy, but it is reasonably priced and supposedly uses Norma brass.

Slowly but surely the ammo companies are coming around to the 6.5s.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.