brass

Every time I get Hornady brass the primer pockets have to be uniformed (not deep enough) and I wonder how thin the bass is afterwards. Going to measure some soon when I get back from fishing.
My new lots of 338WinMag have shallow pockets too. What uniforming tool are you using? I've got one by KM Precision Shooting.

Anneal the 300 Win Mag case. Them use a full length sizing die of those calibers listed (7mm Rem Mag, 264 Win Mag, 338 Win Mag, 308 Norma Mag). Resize Full Length to any of these calibers, (be sure to lube your cases) and trim. Fire form then, anneal again, check for length and trim if needed. I would cut the neck for thickness after fire forming the cases also. That ends the problem of getting case for those rifles. 300 Win Mag brass is generally cheaper and easyiers to get.
SSS
Mike

My new lots of 338WinMag have shallow pockets too. What uniforming tool are you using? I've got one by KM Precision Shooting.
I use a Lyman cutter in my lathe chuck and have to sharpen it from time to time. Starting to look at some good end mills and make a collar for it to set the depth. If that doesn't pan out I would buy a carbide one

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.