Bore guides

NYSHUNTER

I don't know if this the right forum but I was wondering has anyone recently did business with Lucas bore Guides .. I sent some emails out but have not heard back. I did business with him in the past and his guides IMHO are the best out there ..

If anyone has any alternate guides any suggestions will be welcome

yep...they are good stuff. But, if you continue to have issues with them I would look to Sinclair International. I have one from Lucas, but I have a DOZEN from Sinclair!!

Good luck,
Tod

I heard great things about lucas bore guides as well. Same issue as you bought the Sinclair guides and o ring snouts. They work real well for most calibers.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

A bore guide is one of the most neglected subjects on most forums. The Mike Lucas bore guide in my opinion is the best out there. I have one for all my rifles and they are very well worth the price. Have make, caliber, cleaning rod model/diameter (he likes the Dewey) ready to include in your correspondence. Last phone # I have is 803-356-0282 which I used a year ago. He has indicated he prefers e-mail correspondence in the past. Great guy and a constant contributor to youth shooting sports. Good luck

I tried at least 5 or 6 times to contact him about a bore guide. I finally gave up and ordered one from Sinclair.

I had the same problem trying to email Mr Lucas. I went with Sinclair as well, I probably don't know what I am missing but I have no complaints with the Sinclair. I also use the Tipton universal but it is too long for my cleaning rod with a 28" barrel, patches don't come out far enough to remove.

I called Dave Halblom 515-556-5833 and for $75.00 he made me a bore guide that was rod and chamber specific. Great product that i would buy again. Easy to work with and had it within a week. I tried to contact Mike Lucas, never returned my attempts.

I started with the Tipton Universal.

Then I made action specific replacements for their bit with steel and brass that locks into the bolt handle relief.

The Weatherby Mark V adapter locks into the bolt keeper/release.
The Remington 700 has a bolt diameter adapter that uses the original brass part to lock into the bolt handle relieve.

Next on the list is bore specific rear guide and chamber specific front guide with o-ring.

Delrin round stock from Online Metal Store | Small Quantity Metal Orders | Metal Cutting, Sales & Shipping | Buy Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Stainless | Metal Product Guides at OnlineMetals.com arrives in my mailbox when I'm ready.

I use J Dewey bore guides for my smaller caliber rifles up to 30 caliber and have a Tipton Universal bore guide for my 358 Win and 9.3x62 rifles. The Dewey guides work really well but the Tipton doesn't seem to be as tight and secure as the Dewey's, but it works. I will probably order a Dewey for these rifles at some point.

I too had tried to contact Mr Lucas. I wound up having a local machinist re-turn and sleeve a Lucas guide I no longer had a use for.

The last contact I had with Mike Lucas he indicated that they were overwhelmed with heavy work load and some health issues (coupled with the fact that he's now semi retired) so he cannot accept new orders at the present time. I'm sure that, when he's ready to take on new orders he'll let us know.
gun) - - - - - - - (X)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.