Bore Guide Idea

Jud96

Hey all, I am working on a modular bore guide idea. My goal is to make a bore guide equal to anything on the market with the ability to simply swap a couple parts and it will work with a large variety of actions and cartridges. I have made a couple prototypes from Delrin, but they're not where I want them to be. I had an idea to use aluminum for the bore guide and the section that will be in the action. How do you guys feel about a 6061 aluminum bore guide inside of the action? I feel better about the Delrin, but for the idea I am wanting to do, I feel the aluminum will be better for machinability and holding tolerances in a production setting. Any input would be very much valued! Thank you!

I really don't know how different from the already existing universal bore guides it could be. For what it's worth I don't mind the aluminum tube in the action, and I really don't mind the tipton universal one, my only issue is when the tip gets stuck in the chamber but that isn't a big issue. I've got some cartridge specific delrin ones and they can get jammed also.

I have a Tipton bore guide and what I am wanting to make will be a much better product. I want something that's equal to the top quality bore guides available, but its adaptable to more than one cartridge and action.