Bolt on Muzzle Brakes!!

Got my brake and put it on today, followed instructions, but instructions said it may be tight. Mine was not, it slid on with no resistance at all, I was wondering if you fella's brakes were tight going on or not. It seemed to tighten on the barrel soon as I started to turn the small screws in, I tightened them all as far as I could turn them in. Just wondering if that is normal for some to be tight going on and others not tight going on. How easy were yours to slide onto the barrel? Thanks guys.
My 30-06 Witt brake was tight, I used a rubber mallet to seat it. My 300 Weatherby, was loose. I followed the instructions, and neither has giving any problems. Hundred of rounds thru them. I will definitely order more.

My 30-06 Witt brake was tight, I used a rubber mallet to seat it. My 300 Weatherby, was loose. I followed the instructions, and neither has giving any problems. Hundred of rounds thru them. I will definitely order more.
Thanks 06: I called Witt today, I asked him if this was ok, he asked me if it had a lot of wobble. It did not have a lot of wobble, and it couldn't be turned on the barrel by hand when only one screw was slightly turned in. He said that it should be ok. He said let the lock tight dry a day and go out and shoot it a couple times and then retighten the screws again. I really like the looks of them. Hope it works as good as yours.Thanks again, will post results after shooting it.

Thanks 06: I called Witt today, I asked him if this was ok, he asked me if it had a lot of wobble. It did not have a lot of wobble, and it couldn't be turned on the barrel by hand when only one screw was slightly turned in. He said that it should be ok. He said let the lock tight dry a day and go out and shoot it a couple times and then retighten the screws again. I really like the looks of them. Hope it works as good as yours.Thanks again, will post results after shooting it.
You're welcome. It turned my 300 Weatherby with 225 ELDs into a .308.

I shot 3 shots out of the 300 Winchester today rather quickly, and the brake went nowhere, and the recoil was reduced probably 50% + or - I am pleased. My ears are still ringing though. Thanks again for the information you all gave from the start.

I shot 3 shots out of the 300 Winchester today rather quickly, and the brake went nowhere, and the recoil was reduced probably 50% + or - I am pleased. My ears are still ringing though. Thanks again for the information you all gave from the start.
I have almost 3,000 rounds on a 308Witt muzzle brake no problems at all

BW

Been reading here , good info. I just purchaseda .338 win mag and I anticipate purchasing a Witt muzzle brake
Contact Witt and good luck, I just talked to an old friend of mine that said his son had bought a 338 Ruger for elk and that it was very pushy and they want to also put a brake on that beast.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.