• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball Head Kit

I am looking to install a leveling head rather than a ball head. Will this bushing work to do so? Just long enough so that the attached head can not turn on the tripod once snugged down with locktite?

In lieu of the printed sleeve, are you still doing the aluminum for the $5 upcharge? (Edited to add this last question.)

Thanks, Dale
I am not sure of what leveling head you are referring to but if it has 3/8-16 threads then you should be able to use this bushing. I am only offering the new bushing at this time due to sourcing issues and cost increases on the others. Thanks.

Send me a PM and I will gladly discuss your specific situation and help you make a custom one if needed.

I bought the kit with the adapter plate and everything. HUGE upgrade over the stock deathgrip swivel head. The added steadiness when locking the ball head has increased my ability to shoot nighttime varmints out past 300 yards with my thermal scope. Im running an AR10 with 24" barrel and 9" suppressor that weighs 14 pounds and the supplied ball head works amazing .Awesome kit, cant say enough good things about it!

I have made up a few ball head conversion kits for the Bog Deathgrip Tripod. I tried to keep the price down as low as possible while maintaining good quality equivalent to the Bog Tripod.

- Prices shipped TYD.
- *** Continually making them as requested. I will inform you of any excessive backlog.
- There are 4 options.

The ball head is rated at 33 lbs and has 360 degree rotation (lockable) base in addition to the ball head and the ball head is lockable and adjustable for tension. This will accept arca-swiss style devices including the numerous picatinny to arca and such items on the market.

To install you would have to remove the one bolt holding the deathgrip to the tripod. Once you do this the bearings and bushings (you will not need these any longer) will come out. You will end up with a hollow casting as seen in the images. Once you have this you can insert the aluminum bushing from the bottom, then insert the new bolt through the bushing and install the ball head onto it. I recommend a dab of Loctite on the bolt before installation.

If you want to use the deathgrip that you just removed you need the kit with the adapter plate. This plate with the 4 supplied screws will attach to the deathgrip head and can then be locked into the arca-swiss ball head.

This entire assembly weighs ~15oz, you will be removing ~8oz to install. So in total you will add about 8 oz to your setup, plus any additional items you decide to add.

Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball head kit and adapter plate $120: This will come with the ball head, aluminum bushing and 3/8-16 bolt to attach the ball head. In addition this will come with the adapter plate to attach to the deathgrip that can then be placed into the arca-swiss ball head.
Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball head kit only $105: This will come with the ball head, aluminum bushing and 3/8-16 bolt to attach the ball head.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only $60: This will come with the aluminum bushing for the tripod, The 3/8-16 bolt for most ballheads and the adapter plate to attach the deathgrip to Arca-Swiss. This is for if you have your own ballhead but want to be able to attach the deathgrip to it if desired.
Bog Deathgrip Adapter Plate and Screws Only $45: This will come with the adapter plate and 4 screws only.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing and Bolt Only $45: This will com with the bushing and bolt only. This option would be great for someone with their own ballhead and no desire to be able to reattach the deathgrip.

I also have small plates with the standard 1/4-20 screw. If you have any accessories that would benefit from a custom printed fixture that would allow you to attach it to an Arca-Swiss plate, which could then be put on a tripod or something else please send me a PM and we can figure something out.

Items other members have requested
Interested in learning more about these! Mite want to order!