BOG “Deathgrip” Tri-Pod anyone?

Anyone have an opinion on the promos trigger stick looks like it might be a lot faster to setup on
I have the Jim Shockey edition tripod version I like how you squeeze the trigger and it will adjust to any ground level or not you can lean the stick in any direction let go the trigger and it is pretty solid after reading about this one I was looking to make some kind of a clamp adapt to it actually

210B1F37-42BD-43C5-9CAE-23DB2CF3D3D9.jpeg

I have used mine several times and found for long range blind hunting they are great. The tripod gives you time to range the animal, make a decision if it is a shooter, dial her in, and finally a very steady platform. Yes it is heavy but i would rather have a heavy solid platform for the money shot!

Last edited:
You're welcome, Sir! Glad I could be of service. I think you'll really like that tri-pod. It has proved to be one of my best investments. Cheers! 🍻

I have the Primos trigger stick and thought about modifying it but it does not have the strength and flexibility as the deathgrip. I am sure I will put this investment into a good use. Cheers!

Ed

Yes, stable. Good mount but not quick on the adjustments for my likability.
For spot and stalk hunters where the terrain can vary this is not the tripod for you.
If you are hunting or shooting in one place for a duration of time where you have time to deploy each leg at the right height this is the Tripod for you.

Yes, stable. Good mount but not quick on the adjustments for my likability.
For spot and stalk hunters where the terrain can vary this is not the tripod for you.
If you are hunting or shooting in one place for a duration of time where you have time to deploy each leg at the right height this is the Tripod for you.

Ed,

I agree! Personal preference and intended purpose will always be key considerations in the selection/decision making process.

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.