Bi Pod

jhall239

Which bipod is best? Attached to gun, hand carry?
Needs to be sorta compact I suppose, I spot and stalk alot, already have trekking poles
I am getting old and not as stable as I used to be or finally admitting I am not as stable as I thought,!

If you spot and stalk a lot, we not talk real long shots I guess.

1) Trekking poles can make good shooting sticks. Just need a velcro wrap or something below the handles to quickly pair them together.

2) The folding shooting sticks that deploy with shock cord are good too. I have a pair with a belt holster and they weigh next to nothing.

3) I also have a pair of tall light green plastic wrapped garden sticks that I tie together near the tops with a piece of rope. I use those like a single trekking pole and then have them available for a quick standing shot over tall sage etc.

I have the primos trigger sticks. They are the bipod longer ones. Use them as trekking pole and to shoot off of. So far they seem to work fairly well. They are easy to adjust up and down. One thing I really like them for is when I'm glassing I use them to rest my binoculars on when I want to hold real steady. Feel they help a lot on those shoots that you don't have much time to set up on (100-200 yards). I'm not as steady as I use to be either. And those off hand shots seem to be a little more difficult than they use to be. The trigger sticks adjust quickly and really help me hold much more steady. My brothers have a great time making fun of me. I spend time and money preparing for that long range shoot (500-1000 yards for me) and most general shoot at 40 to 200 yards. Good luck and stay after them

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.