Bobcat/Heli Hog Hunt-Outfitter Recommendations

btsmd

Would like to do a Bobcat hunt and incorporate a couple of hours of Heli hogs. Thinking Texas is probably my best best. Any suggestions for Outfitters? Best time of year for Bobcat pelts? Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

For pelts no suggestions down here in Texas but if you want to do a full mount that is totally doable. Bobcats are all over here in Texas just look on line and make some calls. As far as a heli hunt they are very very expensive and mostly done when you have a few people to defer the cost. There are a handful of Heli Hunts operational but all are way out of my scope because of cost. Look on line and good luck!!:)

Are your bobcats considered furbearers so they have a season and a license is required to hunt them ?

^^not that I know of. Not fur bearing, unless you are on private property you would need a hunting license. Since I am not a game warden it is best to call the folks that make and enforce the hunting laws that way there is no ifs, ands, or buts!!!:) all that is on line at the Texas Parks and Wildlife. https://tpwd.texas.gov/

^^not that I know of. Not fur bearing, unless you are on private property you would need a hunting license. Since I am not a game warden it is best to call the folks that make and enforce the hunting laws that way there is no ifs, ands, or buts!!!:) all that is on line at the Texas Parks and Wildlife. https://tpwd.texas.gov/
And in Texas, more than likely, you're going to be on private property. All but guaranteed to be on private if you're hiring a pilot.

For pelts no suggestions down here in Texas but if you want to do a full mount that is totally doable. Bobcats are all over here in Texas just look on line and make some calls. As far as a heli hunt they are very very expensive and mostly done when you have a few people to defer the cost. There are a handful of Heli Hunts operational but all are way out of my scope because of cost. Look on line and good luck!!:)
One thing I've noticed about Texas bobcats is they have more distinct spots than ours do. And thinner fur usually. All in all will make a much prettier mount than cats taken most places.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.