• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Blueprinted 700 BDL 300 WinMag - Excellent Elk Rifle

NoMoreOldNo7

Remington 700 BDL .300 WinMag - $850
Manufacture date is November 1992. The rifle was given the accuracy package by Jim Gruning of Gruning Precision. The bolt, receiver and barrel were trued to each other (blue-printed) the barrel re-crowned and the stock was glass bedded. This is top quality work; Jim is highly regarded as a gun smith by both Military and Law Enforcement agencies. Leupold bases and medium height dual dovetail rings with a matte finish. The bolt was changed to function like the older models where as the bolt cannot be opened when the safety is on (I changed that after the bolt came open during an elk hunt and ice jammed up the chamber). This work performed by Gruning Precision. You can check out Jim Gruning's work on his web site at Gruning Precision: tactical rifles, Remington 700, M1A, M14, AR15, AR10, scope rings, scope bases, tactical accessories, Riverside, California.
I'll include 2 full boxes of custom reloads and 41 rounds of Winchester brass which is already resized, trimmed, tumbled and with new primers. This brass has been fired 2 to 3 times. Also includes a set of Redding dies. The load I have worked up for this setup is 180 gr Nosler Accubonds, using 75.5 gr RL-22, and it leaves the barrel at 3000 fps.
This rifle is exceptionally accurate, I consistently shoot ½" groups at 100 yards, 1 ½" groups at 200 yards using the above mentioned load (with a hunting bullet). I built this rifle just for hunting Elk, the last two Elk I have taken with this rifle were at 297 yards and 350 yards, they dropped in their tracks.
There is some scratching on the bottom of the rear grip and the trigger guard (see pic below) and some light scratches on the stock, they are small and not deep (I couldn't get them to show up on any pics).
If you are from Oklahoma we can meet up for a face-to-face transaction. Out of state buyers; will ship in a plastic case, you pay actual shipping (I'll ship anyway you want or by the cheapest way possible).

Attachments

• 300 winmag 001.jpg
    300 winmag 001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 300 winmag 008.jpg
    300 winmag 008.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 300 winmag 006.jpg
    300 winmag 006.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 300 winmag 024.jpg
    300 winmag 024.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Joe, it is in great condition, especially for it being a working rifle. I have about $1100 tied up in it (without a scope) so I'm thinking someone could get a very fine rifle for a great price. Suppose if it had one of them fancy composite stocks and a bipod I could ask $1200 for it, lol.

Anyway no BS it is very accurate, I'm quite proud of it. Just too much rifle for me anymore. Cancer knocked me down some a few years back but God seen it fit I was still in good enough shape to hunt, but I'm afraid the years of me chasing bulls by myself around the mountains are long gone. No gripes, I figure I'm the luckiest guy in the world, I know two others that had the same cancer I did and they didn't make it. Not only am I alive but can still hunt most days, the alternative really sucks.

Cancer is no joke glad you made it through it. I just had my 300 rebarelled to 338 Edge and now I find a missing piece in my heart for another ah well still need to pay off the edge other wise I'd buy yours I kinda want an rifle with a wood stock my tacticools get old after a while ya know. I wish you luck with the sale.

Recent Posts