Blown primer in .243 Ackley

I think the concern people had was that you listed COAL and not BTO so people were questioning how you knew how far you were off the L&Gs.[/QUOTE]
yes there is that
actually I have never read where he listed the COAL...only how far off the lands which is not the COAL
The boxes on QL as for cartridge length, COAL, bullet length seating depth, barrel length.
If the bullet is not listed you have the option of creating the bullet profile
but no where does it ask for distance from the lands. So it became very hard to help problem solve and one member indicated resistance from the OP.[/QUOTE]

I think the concern people had was that you listed COAL and not BTO so people were questioning how you knew how far you were off the L&Gs.
yes there is that
actually I have never read where he listed the COAL...only how far off the lands which is not the COAL
The boxes on QL as for cartridge length, COAL, bullet length seating depth, barrel length.
If the bullet is not listed you have the option of creating the bullet profile
but no where does it ask for distance from the lands. So it became very hard to help problem solve and one member indicated resistance from the OP.[/QUOTE]

2.740[/QUOTE]
thanks bro
could you measure the bullet length, the ogive lenth, and the trimmed cartridge length as well?

QL...after I changed the shot start pressure.
IMG_20190107_142456248.jpg

The 55,200 is the QL default MAX for the cartridge, but a .243 Win is 60,000 so I'm not sure what is correct?!?

Where are you getting this info?? SAAMi only recognizes the 280AI last time I looked.

Ok, I just looked on the SAAMI website and they do not recognize the 243AI at this time.

No they do not BUT the .243 is 52,000 CUP or 60,000 PSI. So I would use the same Specs established for the .243 for the .243AI. After all it still the same brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts