Blood tracking lights

OhYtD

I am a long time hunter. Last year wounded a deer bow hunting and after tracking for 3/4 of a mile, it occurred to me .... "this would be a lot easier with one of those tracking lights".

So now I'm on a mission, I want one of those tracking lights, but the problem is I don't know much about them. Does anyone have any experience with them? I've seen them online from $30 to $100 and I just want to know if anyone has any recommendations?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance and God Bless.

I have one of the expensive Cree bulb varmint hunting lights. Red, green, and white bulbs that interchange. I like the old white bulb type for finding blood better than the expensive light with the Cree bulbs. I haven't tried blue. Have any of you found the same thing? Is there a light that really works or are these lights that are sold for blood tracking just hype?

Yes, the blue works when the blood is fresh and shiny. If it's dried, high CRI white all the way. Xenon bulb is my preference, but LED's are making good progress in the colour rendering department. Compared to standard 70-80cri white LED, the blue is definitely an improvement. Compared to something that renders true colour..? YMMV

I tried one of the blue/red lights and had no luck at all. The best I have seen is one of the rechargeable streamlight flashlights. 700 lumens is good 800 better. Keep it in your truck on the charger put it in your fannypack going out in the evening or just go back and get it when you need to.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/stinger-ds-led-hl
This flashlight shows everything up close it weights 13 oz.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.