Bipod decision

bigmuleyhunter

Hi all, Brand new member here. Just put together a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP. Want to put an Atlas Bipod on it but cant seem to find one thats compatible with a sling. Gun will be used for hunting. any suggestions?? Thanks, Bigmuleyhunter

Harris bipods are a standard for hunting and Caldwell bipods are a close copy and very functional. Len has a pretty neat Caldwell bipod for sale on this site that already has bipod lock installed. Really nice and at a good price.

If I were going to for a Caldwell, I would get the one below just for the bipod lock.

Caldwell XLA Bipods

You can mount a Magpull rail on the forearm. Use one hole for the sling swivel. They are about $5. The rails are about 2 1/2 inches long and very low profile.

Seekin makes a SRS rail, pict. style for the QD plates on Atlas that are nice then you just move bipod rifle to rifle. takes seconds with QD, has a sling hole you can run front or back, mine are back as I front carry rifle, like military.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.