Bino Case opinions?

I have the Kuiu one and the Alaskan Guide Creations connected to the mini day pack. The day pack is great for small pieces of gear and a camel back bladder. The AGC also has a pouch for a rangefinder, which I tethered with supplied elastic cord for easy access.

+1 on the new style Kuiu. I have a pair of 15x60's that are comfortable to carry all day in it; easy access; good protection.

I've been running with the mystery ranch size large (might be designated 12x50 instead of large) but it works well with my Swaro 10x42 EL range binos and also holds my midland radio and a headlamp in small pouches to either side of the main bino pouch. Access to the binos when completely closed is simply done with a slight tug down on the closure strap. If I am stationary for some time I can leave the lid open for easier access. Or I can also have them simply hang from the bino straps instead of stuffing them inside the pouch (I use this a bunch when glassing). I can shoot my bow or rifle without removing the harness. If it needs to come off (most likely because I am adding or removing clothing) it can be done easily by disconnecting one strap. Also has a zipper pouch on the front that I use for my cell phone, lense cleaning supplies, range card.....

Marsupial is the best by far of any I have seen. I have the enclosed side version with range finder on the right and larger pocket on the left. It fits comfortably under a pack.

Attachments

• 20210908_075949.jpg
    20210908_075949.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I am headed out on a west Texas Mule deer/aoudad/elk hunt this month and was wondering everyone's opinion on bino case, harness or regular neck strap. 90% of our hunting is done from a ranger unless we need to stalk. In years past I used the neck strap but it starts rubbing on the neck after 6 days straight of hunting and glassing but it makes it easy to remove binos to prepare for a shot. What's everyone else prefer and maybe some equipment suggestions?
Marsupial is probably one of the most straight foreword and easiest to use. It has magnetic closures and hold open, so if you need it closed or left open your bino's are ready. It has a pouch that fits the Vorten 1000 rangefinder nicely too. They aren't available right now in Tucson but I'd pay extra for that. Sitka is way to pricy for me. I bought a Vortex case and I'm very happy with it. Alaska is basically a Vortex case just branded Alaska.

I had a Badlands and didn't care for it. Seemed to be noisy and just wasn't handy enough. Had a Kuiu and it worked really well. Liked that you could fold the cover down and keep the binoculars exposed for quick access in and out. It was a bit tight so I switched to Marsupial and it's perfect. Completely covers the Bono's when not being used but folds forward and stays out of the way when needed. The Binos fit perfectly and it is super comfortable. A couple of guys I elk hunt with are running the Alaskan Guide and they are extremely nice, the only thing I didn't like was the bungee holding them closed and they fold back and for me seem to get in the way when retrieving your binos. Tons of good options out there. Also look at FFH gear they make good stuff too.

I hunt fort stockton and like you can put 30-40 miles a day on a UTV pretty easy.

I switch to enclosed marsupial and have been very pleased on how well it cuts dust.

I have the AGC but its to bulky and i dont need the additional storage.

I am headed out on a west Texas Mule deer/aoudad/elk hunt this month and was wondering everyone's opinion on bino case, harness or regular neck strap. 90% of our hunting is done from a ranger unless we need to stalk. In years past I used the neck strap but it starts rubbing on the neck after 6 days straight of hunting and glassing but it makes it easy to remove binos to prepare for a shot. What's everyone else prefer and maybe some equipment suggestions?
I've used a Kuiu for our aoudad and mule deer hunts in the Transpecos. Comfortable and handy while stalking/climbing as well as keeping dust and rare moisture out.