Bino Case opinions?

Bkmuschalek78

I am headed out on a west Texas Mule deer/aoudad/elk hunt this month and was wondering everyone's opinion on bino case, harness or regular neck strap. 90% of our hunting is done from a ranger unless we need to stalk. In years past I used the neck strap but it starts rubbing on the neck after 6 days straight of hunting and glassing but it makes it easy to remove binos to prepare for a shot. What's everyone else prefer and maybe some equipment suggestions?

Alaska guide creations is the one I use. I like it quite well. Believe I use the cub model and it has an additional pouch on it that holds my range finder. Sure they make several (kuiu, sitka, etc) that would work just fine. But the Alaska is the one I have experience with. Good luck, be safe, shoot straight and have fun.

I have the harness and put lots of slack in mine so I can slide them to the side when shooting prone. Not sure how that works in rocky areas. On my hunt out west I just got back from I noticed guide had the harness with the pack or pouch that held wind checker and rangefinder which looked very nice. It also had buckle that allowed quick release and removal. Not sure which brand it was but everything else he had was stone glacier

Thanks

Buck

I started a thread looking for input on bino harnesses back in the summer. If I knew how to link it here I would.... Got some great feedback. I like magnetic closures and wanted the rangefinder to be nearby as well. I've tried Alaska Guide Creations, FHF, Eberlestock, and Badlands. Several folks recommended Marsupial, which I had not tried. I tried it and loved it. Stays nice and snug up high on my chest and the rangefinder pocket is not able to slide away from the bino harness (if that makes sense). Used it all season and have zero complaints.

+1 for Kuiu. I had their old version and have the new one and liked both. Marsupial gear is good too. I would recommend getting a full harness that protects your binos completely. Basic chest straps still let your binos thump on your sternum and do nothing for your lenses. Having separate lens caps makes bringing the binos to bear more cumbersome. The Kuiu protects and makes the binos easy to access and safe, plus its comfortable for both backpacking or just wearing in the vehicle.

Not sure I paid this much, but I really like it. Light, carries binos, rangefinder & can squeeze the kestrel in.

Hey Alaska Guide creations….This is simple. I want Binos, rangefinder, Kestrel, GPS and phone all in my chest pouch. Would rather it be flatter like a plate carrier!

Marsupial makes a nice harness. You can get them with or without magnetic closure, complete enclosure or open sides, and plenty of modular accessories. I ran them with a set of 15x56 binoculars this year scouting elk and all elk season with no complaints. I have used Kuiu for years before that with no issues.

Hey Alaska Guide creations….This is simple. I want Binos, rangefinder, Kestrel, GPS and phone all in my chest pouch. Would rather it be flatter like a plate carrier!
Yep. I got the classic max I think? Probably the biggest one they make. Everything I need at my fingertips goes in there, or on the harness. Gps in gps pouch, range finder in rangefinder pouch, binos in binos pouch, tag and license in back pouch, stop call on top pouch, windicator in left zip pocket and bow release or loose ammo in right side zip pocket. Front pouch kestrel on tether. The bottom elastic I roll a map in. Usually when I pull the map out of my pack more than once, I put it in the harness, out of convenience, because I don't want to waste energy lifting and dropping my pack. The maps in the pack because I didn't want to forget it in the truck lol.

I like my first generation Kuiu harness much more than a regular strap. That said I think there are probably better harness options out there. I have trouble getting the binos in or out with one hand.

Recent Posts