Bighorn actions?

For extreme lightweight I would look at Lone Peak or another titanium action.
I don't shoot ultra lights very well so I have avoided the ultra lights. You could still do lightweight build with a Bighorn action just not ultra.
I have zero experience with the ultra light actions but I am sure someone who has had a few can chime in on preferences.
Christensen makes carbon barrels that they sell, maybe look at theirs too. Plus they are made in Utah so they get my vote lol.
I have both Christensen and Proof barrels on several rifles. I will not waste my time on Christensen anymore after my last 3 Proof barrels. And you should use a Defiance Deviant ultralight or a Lone Peak TI action if you want an ultralight rifle.

I have both Christensen and Proof barrels on several rifles. I will not waste my time on Christensen anymore after my last 3 Proof barrels. And you should use a Defiance Deviant ultralight or a Lone Peak TI action if you want an ultralight rifle.

What kind of groups are you getting with your proof barrels?

What kind of groups are you getting with your proof barrels?
.4 on the 28 Nosler and .25 on the 6.5 Creedmoor. My latest is a 6.5 SAUM that I am developing a load for now. I like the weight reduction and the longer barrel life due to better heat dissipation.

That bad? Oh man, I just bought one. Oh well, I will just give it a whirl. Thanks for the first hand experience on it.

Like the picture shows

Attachments

• BFDAF6D9-7730-4B19-9AFD-C19B06938475.png
    BFDAF6D9-7730-4B19-9AFD-C19B06938475.png
    100 KB · Views: 212
I dig my Bighorns and can't see building off anything else at this point...
Checks all the boxes mentioned above (bolt face swaps, shouldered barrels that I interchange between actions) plus true controlled round feed and mechanical ejection.

I run left handed TL3s on my match rigs, and kept a RH one around for a switch barrel hunting rig in a Manners Superlight. Not a true LW, but 8lbs on the nose with rail, steel rings, Mesa DBM and Accurate Mag, with a 18" Bart 2B cut and threaded for a suppressor, and a 20oz SWFA 3-9. I picked up a set of 30mm Talleys to replace the rail and rings to drop 6-7ozs if I wanted. I've got plans for a few more barrels and will probably go with a #1 or #2 on a couple. CF barrels are an easy skip for me...

One thing to keep in mind. If you are ever wanting to run out of a BDL setup, look at the SR3. Gives you the option to run out of a DBM too, but the TL3 commits you to a DBM, mag fed set up only.

I'm on my second TL3 with a 3rd RBLP in the mail. I've also owned an original tactical and tl2 action. Love them and they just keep getting better. My current build will consist of a...

TL3 RBLP DLC Coated
Foundation Exodus W/O Butthook
Vortex AMG
Bix N' Andy TacSport
PROOF Sendero .224 20"
Krieger MTU 6mm 24"-26"

Also for a lightweight stock I recommend either a Manners eh1 or a McMillan Game Warden with Edge Technology

Any recommendations on light weight stocks while were at it.....hi-jacking my own thread
If you want a great Stock, you should call Tom Manners. The EH-1 and the New PRS are awesome stocks. And the customer service is great as well. I have had 5 Manners Stocks and 0 complaints. And, maybe even more importantly, I have never had to wait the full amount of time that they say it will take to be delivered. I have always received mine a couple weeks earlier than promised.

I dig my Bighorns and can't see building off anything else at this point...
Checks all the boxes mentioned above (bolt face swaps, shouldered barrels that I interchange between actions) plus true controlled round feed and mechanical ejection.

I run left handed TL3s on my match rigs, and kept a RH one around for a switch barrel hunting rig in a Manners Superlight. Not a true LW, but 8lbs on the nose with rail, steel rings, Mesa DBM and Accurate Mag, with a 18" Bart 2B cut and threaded for a suppressor, and a 20oz SWFA 3-9. I picked up a set of 30mm Talleys to replace the rail and rings to drop 6-7ozs if I wanted. I've got plans for a few more barrels and will probably go with a #1 or #2 on a couple. CF barrels are an easy skip for me...

One thing to keep in mind. If you are ever wanting to run out of a BDL setup, look at the SR3. Gives you the option to run out of a DBM too, but the TL3 commits you to a DBM, mag fed set up only.
Well said Josh!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.