MOA Rifles’ Long Action vs Bighorn, Defiance, Impact….

Idaho Hunter1

I'm looking at ideas for a new build (likely a 300 RUM, 300 PRC, or 7RUM that has twist designed for the heaviest bullets) and saw the MOA Rifles actions are available to build off of. It advertises that they sell a "Long 4.0in" action. I've gathered from reading and from talking to a guy I know that has one I'm a 7RUM that the long action is somehow longer than a normal long action from say Bighorn, Defiance, Impact…etc. I can't seem to find this in any actual data though.

So with that history said, what does the entire rifle they sell provide that say isn't standard from a reputable gunsmith would put together with another rifle? I really like a chamber cut by the gunsmith building my rifle but I see utility in having an action that prefits are available for if and when I need a new barrel.

I'd rather not do custom milling work on the action if that can be helped so as to keep it as stock as they come off the shelf. If the cartridge chosen does better with a longer bullet seated farther out, is something special built into the standard MOA action/bottom meter/ stock?

Any experiences or advice pertaining to those dimensional questions are appreciated.

Thanks

Recent Posts