BigGuy

ALCON,
It's my distinct pleasure to call myself amongst your numbers. Know this, I have the utmost respect for everyone in all of these forums. I'm a retired US Army Officer and CH47 Instructor Pilot with 23 years of service. I'm still in the fight as a Department of the Army Civilian Supervisory Training Instructor. I've been shooting since I could pick up a gun safely thanks to my Air Forse father. My son is a USMC Designated Marksman. I guess that I was a Bad Influence. I'm here Specifically to learn. That said, you'll most hear me listening however know that I also qualified as Expert in Everything the Army placed in my hands from the Bayonet to the CH47 as a Master Army Aviator. My tools currently of choice so far applicable here or not, for long range precision are .308, .300 RUM, .338 Lapua Magnum and a Desert Tech HTI in .50BMG. The last not so much for hunting.... game. I know my Brothers.... Eyes Rolling but think twice. Anyway I'm pleased to meet all of you and now I'll digress into Listening and Learning. All the Best! BigGuy
Sir, we are all brothers, many ex mil. I know it's hard and fast. Sssllloooowwwww down. Remember your training . Aquire,assess. Breath, squeeze. Much love. Wolf 01.
ALCON,
It's my distinct pleasure to call myself amongst your numbers. Know this, I have the utmost respect for everyone in all of these forums. I'm a retired US Army Officer and CH47 Instructor Pilot with 23 years of service. I'm still in the fight as a Department of the Army Civilian Supervisory Training Instructor. I've been shooting since I could pick up a gun safely thanks to my Air Forse father. My son is a USMC Designated Marksman. I guess that I was a Bad Influence. I'm here Specifically to learn. That said, you'll most hear me listening however know that I also qualified as Expert in Everything the Army placed in my hands from the Bayonet to the CH47 as a Master Army Aviator. My tools currently of choice so far applicable here or not, for long range precision are .308, .300 RUM, .338 Lapua Magnum and a Desert Tech HTI in .50BMG. The last not so much for hunting.... game. I know my Brothers.... Eyes Rolling but think twice. Anyway I'm pleased to meet all of you and now I'll digress into Listening and Learning. All the Best! BigGuy

ALCON,
Love bro. Many of us old mil. Calm your storm, as they used to tell me. This is absolutely the best place to go for what you are looking for. We got you. Love your enthusiasm. Wolf 01.

Welcome Big guy from down under
Also spent some time ex military in No1Commando company out of Sydney but now I do a bit of commercial Kulling out in the back blocks of Australia ( mainly Pigs and Goats) but as You will no doubt learn most hunting is done under 100 metres but target wise and occasional shot done way out
Have had to get out of a number of choppers in my youth but now I sometimes shoot from one
Its a good site to learn some gun smithing but as your type of hunting is so much different to mine I mainly listen

ALCON,
Welcome sir bet you have some great stories to tell . Thank you for your service ! Any pointers or shooting advice would be great .

ALCON,
Welcome.
300Rum Surgeon, 300 wm Surgeon CSR, 338lm Surgeon, 50bmg Macmillan. Sounds like you have all the right stuff. Welcome aboard. The people here are the best of the very best kind.

My Brothers! I am OVERWHELMED by the outreach of luv. Veterans will know the term and the rest of you probably do too. My Docs informed me yesterday that I've probably had a Light version of a Light version of a Stroke a few days ago. Stop! All that means is that My Big Guy Dumb *** just Needs to Unass the Daily work CRAP on the Installation and Embrace Retirement. Smart people in my AO have seen it for Months. ALL of this Simply means that "I" need to purchase ALL of as yet not Aquired tools for the OOOOOMMMMMM..... that is the ART of Focus here and Tactically Withdraw to that Space. My Brothers! And any Sisters that are out there..... All I'm looking for is for All of You to be YOU!!!! SPONGE MODE ENGAGE!!!! Thank You My Brothers for Everything that you are about to do... Even if you don't even know I'm here.... CAVIOT!!! I'M FAR From Bashful and I WILL ask even if I may embarrass myself. BROTHERHOOD? YES! Engage!!!

Welcome from Central AZ! My last gig was working at Boeing Mesa on the AH64 E model in the engineering world. Boeing Philly always made sure Boeing Mesa knew the CH47 would outrun the Apache! Maybe not the missles though, lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.