BigGuy

ALCON,
It's my distinct pleasure to call myself amongst your numbers. Know this, I have the utmost respect for everyone in all of these forums. I'm a retired US Army Officer and CH47 Instructor Pilot with 23 years of service. I'm still in the fight as a Department of the Army Civilian Supervisory Training Instructor. I've been shooting since I could pick up a gun safely thanks to my Air Forse father. My son is a USMC Designated Marksman. I guess that I was a Bad Influence. I'm here Specifically to learn. That said, you'll most hear me listening however know that I also qualified as Expert in Everything the Army placed in my hands from the Bayonet to the CH47 as a Master Army Aviator. My tools currently of choice so far applicable here or not, for long range precision are .308, .300 RUM, .338 Lapua Magnum and a Desert Tech HTI in .50BMG. The last not so much for hunting.... game. I know my Brothers.... Eyes Rolling but think twice. Anyway I'm pleased to meet all of you and now I'll digress into Listening and Learning. All the Best! BigGuy
Welcome and thank you for your service sir.

ALCON,
It's my distinct pleasure to call myself amongst your numbers. Know this, I have the utmost respect for everyone in all of these forums. I'm a retired US Army Officer and CH47 Instructor Pilot with 23 years of service. I'm still in the fight as a Department of the Army Civilian Supervisory Training Instructor. I've been shooting since I could pick up a gun safely thanks to my Air Forse father. My son is a USMC Designated Marksman. I guess that I was a Bad Influence. I'm here Specifically to learn. That said, you'll most hear me listening however know that I also qualified as Expert in Everything the Army placed in my hands from the Bayonet to the CH47 as a Master Army Aviator. My tools currently of choice so far applicable here or not, for long range precision are .308, .300 RUM, .338 Lapua Magnum and a Desert Tech HTI in .50BMG. The last not so much for hunting.... game. I know my Brothers.... Eyes Rolling but think twice. Anyway I'm pleased to meet all of you and now I'll digress into Listening and Learning. All the Best! BigGuy
So glad to have you aboard, Sir. I send you a big welcome from Montana, and, yes, this site will not disappoint! Your distinctive service to our country is what our country is all about. Freedom is NOT free; it must be fought for and protected. Any chance you set your bird on the deck of the USS Thomaston off the coast of 'Nam in the early to mid '70s? As a Hull Maintenance Tech, I spent many a day and night with a charged hose at Flight Quarters, specifically for the CH47s (our deck wasn't rated for the 53s also at use at that time). Len runs a tight ship here and I'm sure you will fit in quite nicely. Thank you for your continued service, Sir! Dan in Montana

Welcome, Big Guy. And echo the thanks for service. I was with the 211th Aviation and the 19th SF in Utah as a flight surgeon. UH-60's and AH 64's as well as flying outside the bird (HALO). 4 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. You will find an amazing level of help on this site. Best regards. COL Z.

ALCON,
BigGuy is what Bidens Son referred to him as.Just sayin!!

Welcome, sir! from California. Displaced, sad, mad, glad Texan here. (Monahans......enlisted in the Army out of El Paso in '70). Went there countless times as a youngster to experience the "wonders" of Old Mexico....lmao! Stories for another time.
Only been reloading for 39 years but still learn something EVERY time I visit this forum. Been here since 2009 and still visit almost every day. You'll be glad you joined! Again, welcome.

Edit: Case in point...read this JUST after I posted this reply....
Always something to learn if you just pay attention!

Last edited:
ALCON,
Ooh Raah sir! You must have been a pretty good dad to raise a son that's a Marine. I did 9 years in the Corps and was recruited into SF and found a home there. Another 27 years. I'm in Jacksonville FL so not west where the best hunting is but we have terrific ranges all over here. Glad to welcome you, sir.

ALCON,
Welcome Sir . Floyd

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.